PDA

View Full Version : How crowded the week of Thanksgiving?

MrsGhost
10-16-2007, 12:00 AM
We are considering a trip during the week of Thanksgiving. Never been at that time of year, so I am wondering how bad the crowds are typically that week? We have been in end of May/early June most years and week before Christmas one year. Can you tell me how the crowds compare to this times?

Mrs.Mya
10-16-2007, 12:41 AM
This Thanksgiving will be our 2nd time to go during that holiday week. :pilgram: When we went in 2005, we didn't find it to be extremely crowded. Maybe a little more towards the end of the week, but not too bad. I guess even before we went on that trip, we knew there would be some crowds, so we kinda prepared ourselves for the worst, but like I said before, it was not as bad as we thought it would be. The weather is really great too. Pleasant during the day, and somewhat cool at night. Also, all of the Christmas decor is up....very beautiful !! It is a great time to go, IMO. :thumbsup:

goofiecrazy
10-16-2007, 08:10 AM
We went in 2004 and we arrived the fri before and that weekend was really busy.The week was busy but it was still managable.It wasnt that bad, if ur used to the crowds then u will be ok.We spent Thanksgiving day at Sea World and that park was SO EMPTY that I couldnt believe it I was really surprised.We had dinner at Chef Mickeys and that was pretty good.

SBETigg
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Thanksgiving is listed in most guidebooks, but not here for some reason, as one of the most crowded times to go. I would expect bigger crowds than you find in May/June. When I went at that time years ago, it was very crowded during the week before Thanksgiving and increasingly uncomfortably crowded as the holiday got closer. Maybe it's not as bad now, but I would expect crowds.

Diznee4Me
10-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Great question. We are also going down that week and were wondering about the crowds. Some friends of ours went down several years ago Thanksgiving week and said it was pretty quiet until Thanksgiving day and weekend.

We're expecting it to be crowded but hoping to find it otherwise.:D

BMan62
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
How about the week AFTER Thanksgiving? DW and I are making our first Christmastime trek to WDW the Wednesday following Thanksgiving for 8 days.

TIA!

WDWfanatic742
10-16-2007, 10:36 AM
We went in '05 too for Thanksgiving week and it was suprisingly empty everywhere besides Thanksgiving. Most we ever waited the entire weekend was probably 20 minutes and that was for Maelstrom.

jpH/keD
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
We are going the week of Tgiving!:cloud9: And we have been told it is fairly crowded. Our ASMo resort is sold out for that week! So if that is any indication......... However we are planning to stay away from MK as much as possible on Turkey Day, opting instead for DTD for some shopping! Keep your fingers crossed! If you go have a great trip!!!:mickey:

mousetrapper
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
We are going the week of Tgiving!:cloud9: And we have been told it is fairly crowded. Our ASMo resort is sold out for that week! So if that is any indication......... However we are planning to stay away from MK as much as possible on Turkey Day, opting instead for DTD for some shopping! Keep your fingers crossed! If you go have a great trip!!!:mickey:

We're taking the same approach!:thumbsup:

We're trying to do MK more during the beginning of the week.

The only exception is that we are having dinner at LTT on T Day! :blush:

scorchio321
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I am a transplant from DL to WDW area, having moved from California to Tennessee. We have yet to go to WDW but I will tell you that we have gone to DL every year for the past 8 years leaving to head down to DL on Wednesday, spending Thursday (holiday) at DL then Friday between DL and CA. Thursday is busy busy but nothing compared to Friday. We love the arrival of Santa on Thursday and there is just such a festive feel and what a way to greet the season. Everything is decorated and it is just a lovely place. If you are going to stay away from MK on Thursday, I would advise you do so the Friday afterwards. It is much worse then.

Hope this helped.

Gina

Vintage Disney
10-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Last year we arrived at WDW on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was VERY crowded on Saturday and Sunday. The week after Thanksgiving was ok but the crowds returned for the weekend taping of the Christmas Parade.

MrsGhost
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all of the info! We may wait and go later, maybe mid-Dec.

nicole48040
10-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Wait!!!! Before you decide to wait, take into consideration the fact that WDW has extended all their park hours for that week! If you just enjoy the busy bustle of the parks for the a.m., go back to the hotel to relax for the afternoon, then back to the parks for the evenings when the crowds start to dwindle you will have a GREAT holiday. You won't get all those bonus hours in Dec.