PDA

View Full Version : Best resort holiday decorations?

emerzmom
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I have not seen all of the resorts at the holidays. We are going the week of Thanksgiving and plan to do a little "resort hopping" just to look around.
I love the Gingerbread house at GF and the huge tree at WL.
What is your favorite?
:tree:

BelleBeauty
10-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Wilderness Lodge is my favorite during the holidays. I've heard that AKL is really interesting because they have a lot of African-inspired decorations. All of them are resort-hopping worthy though enjoy!

SurferStitch
10-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Our favorite all around is the Grand Flo, but the AKL also has gorgeous decorations.

Actually, I like the AKL tree the best....:secret:

DDuck66
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
We actually stayed at the POP, last Christmas and even the value resorts "sparkle" for Christmas. It was great, because not only had the resort decorated, but almost everyone decorated their room windows for Christmas. We actuall set up a small minature tree with lights and disney ornaments. Others had window clings, while others had stuffed characters in their Christmas attire.
My favorite resort though had to be the WL. The huge tree and the Christmas Songs sung by local schools was just the right touch.

pookiebear38
10-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Just a curiosity question... Are the decorations all up by Thanksgiving (like the gingerbread house)? Or do they start putting them together? I was watching a program on the Food Network and they kept showing everything, but never really gave a time that they started. Thanks for your help!!
:mickey:

ibrowse17
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
We have really enjoyed the private decorations at Fort Wilderness. Campers decorate:santa3: their sites for many holidays, but Christmas is the best. I have been told that the CM's come out in bunches to tour the loops and see the decorations:santa: each Christmas. We look forward to checking it out this Christmas:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
They're all beautiful, but Wilderness Lodge outshines them all! :santa2::tree: