PDA

View Full Version : preschool time in disney

EmmMOM2
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
I saw something about a week where their are extra shows etc for preschool age children. Which week or time of year is this?

Zippy_D_DooDah
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Magical Beginnings runs typically late August to late October and features many concerts aimed at the little one's and a Little One's EMH which we attended 3 different times while we were there in September. Only Fantasy Land is open an hour early on designated mornings, but the characters are out to play games and ride rides with the children. My girls loved it and the crowds were very light. You can get more info here:
Info Central: Magical Beginnings (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/magicalbeginnings/default.asp)

Laysout4it
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
We participated in Magical Beginnings in September with our 2 1/2 year old DD. It happens in late August through October. On Sunday, Wednesday and Friday mornings you may enter Magic Kingdom an hour early (8:00 a.m.) and go to Fantasyland. We did head-shoulders-knees-toes with Minnie and Daisy, we did duck-duck-goose with Mickey and Pluto, we rode the carousel with Goofy, follow the leader with Chip and Dale, hide and seek with Pooh and Tigger, games with Peter Pan and Hook, and riding Dumbo with Stitch. You can take pictures and video while the children play w/ the characters, but there isn't autograph time during this time. The characters play with the children from 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. They switch out during the hour. Minnie and Daisy were out together for a 1/2 hour and then Mickey and Pluto came out for a 1/2 hour. Chip and Dale played with the kids for a 1/2 hour and then Goofy switched out with them.
My DD loved every minute of it because she's all about something in a costume.
There are concerts at MGM on Thursdays - Sundays during Magical Beginnings. We saw the Doodlebops and that was huge for DD.
One weekend was Johnny and the Sprites, one was Imagination Movers, etc.
I know you can find the info at the Magical Beginnings link given, but wanted you to have some info from a personal experience point of view. It was great for us.