PDA

View Full Version : Do you need to buy a ticket if child turns 3 while at WDW?

MickeyandTink
10-15-2007, 04:17 PM
We have tentatively booked a trip for next year for our DS's third birthday staying on property during free dining. He will be two when we arrive, but will turn three during the week. We would like to be there for his birthday, but may reschedule for a week earlier if it is significantly cheaper.

Will we need to buy him a ticket for the days he is three? Is there anything else affected costwise?

buzznwoodysmom
10-15-2007, 04:50 PM
It has always been my understanding that disney will go with whatever age the child is on the first night of your reservations. After all, everyone in your party will have to be on the same plan, I don't think they would expect you to pay for him on the days he is still 2. I am sure others will answer shortly and correct me if I am wrong. Hopefully you can enjoy this last trip while he is still free!

Strmchsr
10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
As said above, in the past WDW has gone with the age upon arrival. However, starting in 2008 Disney is going to a "per night" system so your trip is priced night by night. I guess this was to prevent folks from arriving on the last night of value season and then getting value season prices all the way through their vacation which extended into regular/holiday season. So, this issue is one you need to call and ask about to see how it will be handled in 2008 as that could be very different from previous years.

one2goofy
10-15-2007, 05:26 PM
In the spring of 2005, my daughter turned 3 in the middle of one our trips to WDW. We did not have to have a park ticket for her for the entire trip and we did not have to pay for her food at buffets during that trip either.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I have booked our 2008 trip, and DD will turn 10 while we are there. Since she was 9 when we arrived, we are only being charged child tickets and dining rates the entire trip :thumbsup: I can't see why it would be any different for the 2 - 3 birthday either.

baldburke
10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm sure Dinsey would be happy to foot the bill the first time around cuz they'll be collecting from you for the rest of your life!

ncscgirl2005
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm sure Dinsey would be happy to foot the bill the first time around cuz they'll be collecting from you for the rest of your life!

LOL! :thumbsup: This is sooo true!