PDA

View Full Version : Upset with MGM

Dyanna
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
We arrived at the park at 3pm on Oct 8th knowing that there was extra magic hours that evening. Normal park closing was 9pm. All rides except TOT & RNR closed at 7pm ish & they did not have the extra hours as was posted on many websites. So needles to say we were not able to see much of the park & get on the rides. Is this something I should write to WDW about?

disneymom15
10-15-2007, 02:50 PM
I think it wouldn't hurt to let them know that you were disappointed. Did you receive any explaination from MGM?

mttafire
10-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I can understand your disappiontment. However, I dont believe it warrants a letter. One time we thought that Typhoon Lagoon was open during the "cold" season. No where did we see that it was actually down for a "refurb" No big deal we just did something else. :mickey:

wendy*darling
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
All Disney Park Hours are "subject to change" at any time, without any explanation.
A good rule of thumb is to get the weekly schedule when you arrive at your resort- that very first day- and check to see if they have made any changes since you last checked.
And check the daily schedule sheet they hand out when you enter each park in the morning. Show times, and even operating hours can change without warning.

I have had that happen to me as well. We planned on the assumption that Wishes & Spectro were are certain times one evening, and when we got there- all had changed. I hadn't checked for any changes in over a month before our trip. Once I had my ADRs and game plan set- all I did was pack for the trip.

If you look in InfoCentral today, you will see that MGM was scheduled to close at 7pm, with evening EMH (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp#October)that night. Only 6 attractions are open for EMH at MGM.

But hours do change- be on the lookout!

Jasper
10-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I understand and agree with the comments that Disney does advertise and has the full right to change offerings whenever and however they choose. However, when you pay for something such as EMH you expect a certain minimum value of service for your dollar spent. I am sure that they had a large selection of gift shops open to take your dollars so why shouldn’t there be a respectable number of entertainment venues open as well?

I would write to them based on that and not on the fact that they changed what they were offering.

WDWfanatic742
10-15-2007, 04:47 PM
If the normal park hours were 9pm and then there was EMH, the park would be open to midnight right? I'd write to them for the fact that they only had TOT and RNRC running at 7pm, two hours before EMH was to even start.

wendy*darling
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
A couple of clarifications:

The park was supposed to close at 7pm. So EMH would go until 10pm.
It may have been advertised some time ago as closing at 9pm, but that is not what actually happened.

EMH does not cost anything extra. All you need to do is show your room key to get a wrist band. The old "E-Ticket Nights" used to have an additional cost, but Extra Magic Hours are free to resort guests.

If anyone is curious as to what attractions are open during these extra hours- check InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/extramagic.asp#October) for the list.

Taja
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
We noticed during our last two visits (October 2006--our first with evening EMH hours!--and March 2007) that MGM has limited attractions open in during evening EMH. RnRC, TOT, Little Mermaid, TGMR and a couple of others.

But most of the attractions that are closed are outside, CM intensive (shows), and the venues probably are not designed for evening performances.

Evening EMH in all of the other parks were terrific, though.

WDWfanatic742
10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Ah ok wendy*darling, thanks for the clarification. Since it was supposed to close at 7pm, I can see why the attractions weren't open for EMH.

brownie
10-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Make sure you're using reputable sites like Intercot or the official site for hours information. The hours can change, so you'll want to verify everything each day you're at the parks by calling or watching the resort tv. You can also check the times boards when you get to the park.