PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon ADRs! (and a Dining Plan question)

brewcrew26
10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I was so excited last night I could barely sleep because today was the first chance we could make ADRs for our honeymoon. Yay!

I think we did pretty good. We got all the restaurants that we were hoping for at the times we wanted except for two, but they were within the hour window I had hoped for.

It was weird when the reservation's host asked me our last name, I immediately answered my maiden name. And then, I quickly realized, ...wait, I'll be married at that point, my last name will be different. Kinda threw me off, but he thought it was amusing.

I also realized today is exactly four months until our wedding day (and not just six months 'till our honeymoon).

I just had one question about the Dining Plan...When we made our trip reservation a few months ago, they told us that we have the Dining Plan credits for every night that we stay including the day we check out. But today, when I asked I was told that isn't the case. Is that a change in the DDP?

I'm just wondering because...we're checking in on April 12 and checking out on April 19. So, the way I figured it is that we have 8 days worth of DDP credits (even though we're only staying 7 nights). We wanted to spend one dinner at a 2 TS credit (Artist Point) because we weren't going to use the TS credit otherwise on the day we check out. It's no big deal because we could just not eat one of the other days at a TS restaurant, but I didn't want to cancel an ADR if I didn't have to. (Hopefully, that makes sense...)

So, here are the ADRS:

Boma
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
50s Prime Time Cafe
Rose & Crown
Crystal Palace
Artist Point

I've been to all of them except Boma, Le Cellier and Artist Point. And my future DH hasn't been to any. So, we're really excited. But, if we have to cancel one of the TS so we have enough credits for Artist Point, which one? (I know that's like an impossible question because they're all good...) :mickey:

snowflakegirl
10-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sure someone will be along soon who can give you a more definitive answer since I haven't used the DDP yet, just been researching it for my next trip.

It's my understanding that the number of meals you get is tied to the number of nights you are staying. I.e. a 7 night / 8 day trip would give you 7 table service credits, 7 counter service credits and 7 snack credits to be used in whatever order/arrangement you like, including using them the day of check out. So if you end up on the eigth day with a table service credit left or snack credits of whatever you can still use them on that last day.

dolphinmickey9170
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
You will receive the same number of credits for nights of accomodations. So, for a seven night stay, you receive 7 table service credits plus seven counter service credits as well as seven snack credits per person. I would suggest if you have booked more credits than you have, just pay out of pocket for the one credit that you feel would be the cheapest. Or in the case of a meal using two credits per person, just use one person's credits and pay out of pocket for the second entree. This may be cheaper than other option I gave first. You need to decide. Good luck and congratulations. Have a great time.

Also be aware, at this time the DDP is entree, dessert and non alcoholic beverage for 37.99 - the appetizer is no longer included and neither is the tip.

wendy*darling
10-15-2007, 02:26 PM
True- credits are based on the number of nights in your stay, but they are valid until midnight on the day you check out. That may have made it confusing.

So, a 7 night/8 day stay will give you 7 each of TS, CS and Snack credits.

You can use them in any order throughout your stay. Have an all TS day or an all CS day. Or use one of each per day. They are good from the moment you check in until all the way through your last day (even after you check out of your resort).

I would not cancel any of your ADRs.
Just pay out of pocket for Boma. At $25.99/person for dinner, it's the least expensive of your 3 fixed price meals (Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace being only $2 more each).

You have made some great choices! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Congrats on some great ADR choices!

You sound like me though, for my entire honeymoon, I never knew what name I had any of the ADR's in. :confused:

I was a little upset that my Disney resort key and ticket were still in my maiden name, since I couldn't get my ID switched before we left, but oh well, we were on our honeymoon!:cloud9:

:groom: Enjoy! :bride:

dixielandings
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Congrats to you! If you end up having to cancel one, I'll say, with sadness, give up Crystal Palace. Not because it's not good - it's just that everything on your list is great.

My only recommendation is this: exchange Artist Point for California Grill. It's the nicest dining experience I've ever had - each of the 4 times I've been there. Add to the great food the opportunity of watching Wishes (MK fireworks) from the observation 15 stories up. Wow. Plus, I just wasn't that impressed with Artist Point. It's certainly not as romantic as Cali Grill. I don't mean to rain on your plans - but if you were my sister, I'd be telling you to change your ressies for sure!

If you decide to stay with Artist Point, have the salmon. Yum.

brewcrew26
10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
My only recommendation is this: exchange Artist Point for California Grill. It's the nicest dining experience I've ever had - each of the 4 times I've been there. Add to the great food the opportunity of watching Wishes (MK fireworks) from the observation 15 stories up. Wow. Plus, I just wasn't that impressed with Artist Point. It's certainly not as romantic as Cali Grill. I don't mean to rain on your plans - but if you were my sister, I'd be telling you to change your ressies for sure!

We may actually switch to California Grill. My brother has been raving to me how great it is with the food and the view. We were also considering it because the Artist Point/northwoods feel we thought was a little too similar to the cuisine at Le Cellier.

Hmm...we may have to reconsider now...

May524
10-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Congrats on your honeymoon! I just went in January for ours...and going back next month for our "babymoon"!
All of your choice sound GREAT! But one thing we really enjoyed on our honeymoon was having tea at the Grand Floridian one afternoon. it was so relaxing, and it's something my hubby and I really remember! We've never done a tea together before and it was a lot of fun :)

TheRustyScupper
10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
1) It is not deceptive.
2) But, WDW does advertise food for all your days.
3) The credits are actually issued PER NIGHT.
4) But, Disney says daily because they assume
. . . dinner the evening you arrive
. . . breakfast the day you leave
. . . lunch either arrival day or departure day
5) This DOES make sense and is logical.
6) It is just that it can be confusing.

brewcrew26
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I just checked the park calendar and MK closes are 7 p.m. on the night we have our ressies for Artist Point because of a Grad Nite. Do they still have a Wishes performance on Grad Nite's and would it be at the same time if I were to change to a Cali Grill?

If not, we'll prolly just stay with AP.