PDA

View Full Version : POR, AB - best room location

tinkergal
10-15-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm a big fan of the Mansions but if I wanted to try Alligator Bayou, what is your favorite room location? We don't want to be too far from a bus stop. :thanks: for your help!

DisneyCrazed580
10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
We just got home from POR last night. We spent 9 nights in the Alligator Bayou section. We were assigned to building #25 facing the quiet pool. At first, I thought it was a terrible location, but quickly changed my opinion. We were only about 3 minutes from the West Depot bus stop - and we were the first bus stop to be picked up every morning. We were only about 5 minutes from the main pool and maybe 7-10 minutes from the food court. I loved our location.

AwPhooey
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I stayed at POR in October 2006 and was in building #35. Like DisneyCrazed580 in #25, it's near a quiet pool (though a different one), only steps away from the West Depot, close to laundry (if I remember correctly), and only 5-10 minutes from the main pool and the food court.

It's nice and quiet in the back, which I really loved.

Enjoy your stay!

LuckyMum22
10-15-2007, 11:05 AM
We were there two weeks ago and had the best room ever! AB section, Building # 27, room 2741. It was our first trip to POR so I understand how you want to figure all of this out before you leave. We were so pleasantly surprised by this resort and it has quickly become our favorite. The location of our room was great for us. We used the main bus stop and got there by walking through the main building (extra time in the A/C). The stairway that led to our room faced the path that took us right to the food court entrance of the main building. It was very easy to fill our mugs and made buying them a good deal. We wanted an upper floor room because I was worried about my daughter's allergies/asthma triggered by molds. I had asked specifically for an upper floor because of this and I was surprised to learn upon check-in that our room was specifically cleaned for allergies/asthma! I didn't even know they did such a cleaning! Our room was immaculate for our entire stay. Our housekeeper was outstanding and I wrote Guest Relations to tell them so! There was never even a stray hair left in the bathroom. Towel animals aren't a priority anymore as our kids are getting older but she did fix up the the glasses with washcloths and faces on them for us to use as toothbrush holders and on the day before checkout we received a little duck with a "thank you for staying with us" note from the staff. Having an upper floor room can be a pain if you don't have a big strong man with you to haul the bags. The building location was preferable to us because it seemed private - the ones closer, #14 or 18, seemed like they would get more noise because of all the people walking by. Our room was on a corner, although we didn't have an extra window. I think no one must have been in the rooms next to us because we didn't have any noise from our neighbors until the day we checked out and even then it was just the toilet flushing sound through the wall. I would stay at this resort again anytime. I don't think you can go wrong with your choice of building. Before I saw it for myself, I kept thinking that #27 would be so far away from everything but it wasn't at all. The distances look larger when you are looking at the map of the resort and I think the location of the stairwell you'll use makes all the difference. We did not use the quiet pools at all because the kids loved the pool on the island. The water slide was fun and I even went down it!!! You'll have a great time I'm sure, no matter what building you get!

#1donaldfan
10-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey, this post is right up my alley......we love POR AB and I know you will too !!!! Ask for bldg. 18 / 27 / 14.....they are the closest to the pools / food and busses. Don't get a water view room, all rooms are pretty much the same and the one with the H20 views are situated such that you can barely see the water anyway. Plus, who stays in the room to look at the water?? We use our room to nap / sleep and shower......that's it....the rest of the time we're park hopping.......don't forget to eat breakfast at Boatwrights......the best eatery for breakfast anywhere.......have fun.....!!!