PDA

View Full Version : My friend got me "Stitch" for my birthday pretrip report

disneydrmr
10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Cast:

Me: 36 right now, but will be 37 for the trip
my sister (DSis): 36 (yes, we are technically the same age for just a couple of weeks, we are 11 months apart)
my best friend: 38

When: Nov. 1 thru 4
Staying at Disneyland Hotel

Several months back my best friend, whom I will call "S", sent me an email saying that for my birthday this year she booked us a long weekend somewhere. She began giving me hints and I had to guess where we where going. After several wrong guesses I finally guessed correct :Disneyland!!! :mickey:

So, here I am, 16 days away from the greatest birthday gift ever, getting to spend a long weekend with my best friend (whom I don't get to see very often since we live in different states) and also my younger sister. Here is our 'plan of attack'.

Thurs. Nov 1
DSis and I will leave Dayton airport at 6:30 AM. We have a layover in Denver where we actually meet up with S. The three of us will be on the same flight out of Denver, landing at the John Wayne Airport at 10 something or other. We will be taking one of the shuttles to the Disneyland Hotel, hopefully experience a quick check in and then head off to Disneyland for the day. The ONE and only true goal of this day will be to ride the new Nemo ride! We do not care how long of a wait it is.. we WILL conquer this ride today as we won't be back at Disneyland until Saturday when we are sure crowds will be higher. After finding our friend Nemo, we hope to fit in Pirates of the Caribean, and experince the "Nightmare Before Christmas" version of Haunted Mansion." AND.. I plan to hit the Innoventions building for the Virtual Phone call with Stitch! We'll play the rest of this day out by ear, basing on how tired we are since there is a three hour difference for DSis and I. No set dining plans. We will grab a quick counter service on arrival before Nemo, then probably eat at the Plaza for dinner. We know this will be an early night because I have an early breakfast date with Stitch!

Friday, Nov. 2
7am I get to dine with Stitch at the Paradise Pier! I am so looking forward to seeing my 'love' again. :D After breakfast we may hop over to Disneyland for an early entry into Fantasyland that my friend obtained with our package. Then we will hop over to California Adventure for the rest of the day. We will ride rides as we come to them.. we know we will hit Soarin' Over California, Tower of Terror and all the other good thrill rides. There is a Pixar parade that we will catch, then we have a 6pm dinner ressie with Ariel in her Grotto. After dinner we might hop back over to Disneyland as they are open later than CA, but again, we'll base it on how we are feeling at this point.

Saturday, Nov 3
7am breakfast with Chip and Dale at the Storyteller's Cafe. I've read that Koda is at this breakfast and we hope that's true as my DSis LOVES Koda! After breakfast we hit Disneyland for the whole day! We will conquer every single ride, leaving no ride unrode! No dinner plans so we'll just eat where ever. We have the 'preferred' seating arranged for Fantasmic - the 10:30 showing. Can't wait to see it!

Sunday, Nov 4...
departure day. I get to end my birthday present trip with breakfast once again with my love, Stitch, at 9am! It will be a sad, sad farewell I'm sure. We'll spend this day in the Downtown Disney area as our flights do not leave until around 5pm. DSis and I will land just before midnight (luckily this is daylight savings time night so we'll 'gain' an hour)...

All in all, I am anxious and excited to visit the place that Walt built, the place where the magic began! It's wonderful knowing that the Year of a Million Dreams has been extended and it would be great to recieve one.. BUT... this trip alone is a dream come true! And it came from my best friend! So I already feel as if I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

CanadianWDWFan
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
:hi: Di!

It sounds like a great plan!

Remember, you will have to post your pictures and report just like everyone else at the Intercot Meet!

ElenitaB
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Di, this sounds like it's going to be a fantastic trip! I can't wait to read all about it. :stitch2:

Melanie
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I know you've been excited about this trip for a long time. Hope it's a great time! :stitch:

Caroleh
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Di, sounds like a great trip!!!! What a wonderful birthday present!!!

ChipnDaleGal
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Diane, you are in for such a great big fat treat!! Disneyland is the bomb!! I hope you three have a wonderful time exploring Walt's park. A most excellant birthday present!!:mickey:

BklynChick
10-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Have a great time!!!

Here's a tip if you're going to attack Nemo first thing in the morning (passed along from another Intercotee, sorry I don't remember who):

"Don't head for Tomorrowland..Head to the LEFT of the Matterhorn (where the Alice in Wonderland ride is). That is closer to the ride entrance than if you enter through Tomorrowland. The LOADING area is in Tomorrowland, but the LINE entrance is in Fantasyland!"