PDA

View Full Version : A Heartfelt Thank You

grego77
10-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Hey everyone...

I just wanted to quickly thank everyone at the 10th anniversary events for making this weekend so special for me.
I admit I was a little nervous about meeting you all, especially being one of the 'newbies' on the Intercot boards, but after dawning the tootsie roll costume...everything seemed to 'roll' my way:cloud9:. Meeting you all was probably the highlight of my trip...besides watching Illuminations from France of course...hehe. :number1:

I had an incredible time, and I want to thank all of you for making this weekend so special, and for making me feel so welcome in this WICKED awesome community. Thanks for sharing the stories, the awesome memories, and opening up your vast world of "Disneyana" onto me. I can't wait for #15!:D

Greg :mickey:
(aka *Tootsie*...apparently):party:

Ian
10-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey, Greg!

It was great meeting you, too. Hopefully, we'll meet up in December, too.

PS - I remembered to pick up that Nemo CD before I left. ;)

TikiGoddess
10-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Aw, Greg, you beat me to it! Just got home and had to check the boards to see how everyone was doing.

It was an awesome weekend, and many thanks to all the people who put it together -- the mods, the sponsors, the volunteers... we couldn't have done it without you!

Kathy

PS John, my kids love all the blinking lanyards!

BriarRose0708
10-15-2007, 10:05 PM
It was an awesome weekend, and many thanks to all the people who put it together -- the mods, the sponsors, the volunteers... we couldn't have done it without you!

Kathy

I second that! Thank you so much to everyone who organized the events, from the smallest trivia meets to the Illuminations party. Thanks for making my first "real" full trip so special! I miss you all already!

grego77
10-15-2007, 10:38 PM
PS - I remembered to pick up that Nemo CD before I left. ;)

...ooooh! Can you burn me a copy so I don't have to pay for it? HAHAHA! :mickey:

Here we go again...
10-15-2007, 11:45 PM
I had a great time too! It was so cool to put faces with names. My family really enjoyed themselves and can now understand why I spend so much time on these boards.

John, You did a great job of putting it together. All of the "gifts" were lots of fun. (And thank Goodness I did not have to kill anyone for that last lime green shirt!)

You have some amazing moderators that worked very hard on this meet and it showed. I love coming to this board because everyone is friendly and fun. Troublemakers don't seem to last too long around here... which is a good thing.

I know all moderators worked very hard, but I have to send a special thanks to Jeanne and Ellen. Them threatning to call Bobby at 2 am every morning until he said we could go worked! Let me know if you need a family member threatened... I am there for you.

Anyway, it was fast and furious but we enjoyed every mimute of the meet. :thumbsup:

Mousefever
10-16-2007, 05:19 PM
I had a great time getting to know you, Toots...I mean Greg! You were fun to hang around and were awesome with Jacob.

I want to add my voice to the huge thank you to all the people who worked hard to make this event a success. Everyone was incredibly friendly and inclusive. I had a blast!

Amy

:dory:

whistlewhileyouwork
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
We had a great time.....so great to meet and chat with so many of you. See you next time:mickey:

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Angel, it was great to meet my "bodyguard" face to face! Sorry I wasn't so talkative though... which brings me too...

Amy, I'm working on being less... prolific!

It was great to meet both of you!

Grego... I was nervous too! I was for a long time! Now I can tell my parents who you were. They asked about that "tootsie roll" all night long! You were quite a hit with my family, even though we never spoke!

This was a great experience!

Mousefever
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Morgan, prolific is a good thing!!! I would never want you to be less so. It's because you're so familiar to me on the boards that I wanted to meet you! (Read my trip report. My brief meeting with you and your folks was one of my highlights!)
Amy

DisneyDudet
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Morgan, prolific is a good thing!!! I would never want you to be less so. It's because you're so familiar to me on the boards that I wanted to meet you! (Read my trip report. My brief meeting with you and your folks was one of my highlights!)
Amy

As I was posting today, I don't know how to be less! haha.

I'm a highlight!!! Yay!!!

FLPasHldrs
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
:thumbsup:

Hubby and I have been on here for about a year but never really posted much. After meeting so many great people we will be on here more often.

Thank you so much for making this past weekend possible. We have created memories and have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

Until we meet again,
Michelle and Brian Boyce:mickey:

grego77
10-17-2007, 09:35 PM
I had a great time getting to know you, Toots...I mean Greg! You were fun to hang around and were awesome with Jacob.

Thanks for the kind words Amy. Meeting you and your son was one of my highlights of the weekend. Thanks for being there, and making the weekend that much more fun and enjoyable. I can't wait to see you again hopefully sooner than later! :number1:

grego77
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Grego... I was nervous too! I was for a long time! Now I can tell my parents who you were. They asked about that "tootsie roll" all night long! You were quite a hit with my family, even though we never spoke!

I guess now I HAVE to post pics of the costume then...eh? Oh boy. Maybe I'll post a few on my trip report!

We actually did meet on Sat while waiting for Mickey, but very briefly. I hope a longer conversation will ensue next anniversary...hehe! :party:

dpamac
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I guess now I HAVE to post pics of the costume then...eh? Oh boy. Maybe I'll post a few on my trip report!

We actually did meet on Sat while waiting for Mickey, but very briefly. I hope a longer conversation will ensue next anniversary...hehe! :party:

Here we have a Tootsie Roll (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scifitwin/1581607763/) ready for an evening on the town, looking smart and sassy in black and white.

And here we have Toots showing the versatility (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scifitwin/1582498122/) of this long favorite chocolate treat before he starts his assault on IASW.

Sorry, still haven't tagged the photos.

hoop de do
10-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I agree with all that's been said before me. It was an "awesome" experience. I have to personally thank Ellen for helping me through some schedule conflicts. Every great group must count on their workhorses to make get-togethers go smooth. I think our horses are the best and made all of us a weekend we will talk about for a long time to come. I can not wait until our next shindig. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

grego77
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Here we have a Tootsie Roll (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scifitwin/1581607763/) ready for an evening on the town, looking smart and sassy in black and white.

And here we have Toots showing the versatility (http://www.flickr.com/photos/scifitwin/1582498122/) of this long favorite chocolate treat before he starts his assault on IASW.

Sorry, still haven't tagged the photos.

...oh boy. What a fun night.

MissStyles
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Greg, that costume is too cute haha!

I wish we were all going again this weekend!!!!!!! :cloud9: