PDA

View Full Version : Full in October?

julian
10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Any ideas why the parks would be packed this weekend? We couldn't get a hotel when we called, does anyone know why?

Piglet822
10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Just a guess here but I think they were getting ready for the golf classic that's usually played at Shades of Green. I'm not sure what name it's going by these days.
I think there are also some MNSSHP dates this weekend as well.

GreenBeetle
10-15-2007, 08:18 AM
We've been to WDW the last few Octobers and I was amazed at how crowded it has become. I'm afraid with MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival, word has gotten out that October is the best time of year to go - or at least WAS the best time of year to go. :fall::pumpkin::ghost:

ndbulsu
10-15-2007, 08:25 AM
But I have foun'd that even though the Disney Hotels are usually packed, the crowds aren't too bad because the local and day trip patrons are still in school.

Hog Wild
10-15-2007, 09:32 AM
We just got back yesterday and I can tell you that the parks felt crowded. It very much reminded me of what the park felt like in early August. Every ride seemed to have a 30 minute or more wait. Now at the Halloween party last Monday, the MK felt light... we could move and get on any ride without much of a wait.

Momof2boys
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I think the weekends are usually more crowded than during the week. I think it's the day trippers that go when nobody has work or school.

martinfamily5
10-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I hope that the crowds aren't bad next week. We always look forward to not many crowds in Oct. Does anyone know how crowed the MNSSHP is on Sundays? We will be going next Sunday.

Jeff G
10-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The weekend before and after Columbus Day tend to be the busiest October weekends in WDW. Most of WDW's promotions are kicked off in October plus a lot of people take advantage of Columbus day and use 4 days of vacation to enjoy the whole week down. WDW also offers a lot of discounts in October to Florida residents which makes the weekends busier.

Plus this weekend was Intercot's 10th Anniversary bash down at WDW:mickey: so you had a ton of extra's due to that as well;).

WDWfanatic742
10-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm sure our site cleaned out the left-over hotel rooms :D

mcjaco
10-15-2007, 11:40 AM
We just got back yesterday and I can tell you that the parks felt crowded. It very much reminded me of what the park felt like in early August. Every ride seemed to have a 30 minute or more wait. Now at the Halloween party last Monday, the MK felt light... we could move and get on any ride without much of a wait.

Oh dear, not a thirty minute wait!

I'll take a thirty minute wait on any of the E tickets anytime of the year. October is typically one of the less crowded months. When we were there last year, I didn't wait on anything longer than 40 minutes, and that was for EE. More crowded than in the past? Maybe. But sitll extremely managable.

October is also a big convention month in Orlando, which might be the issue with hotels.

Figgyluv03
10-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Now I don't feel as bad booking my hotel a year in advance. At least I know now that I have my hotel and won't have to worry about them booking up.

Dyanna
10-15-2007, 01:19 PM
We just returned this past Friday & i can honestly say the parks were way too crowded for this time of year. The longest standby wait time was 75 minutes & that of course would be for Soarin. Most everything else was from a 20 - 60 minnute wait. Went to MNSSHP on Thursday the 11th & even then the rides had a wait time of 20 minutes.

dixielandings
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey, Dyanna, we were at the party that night as well! We didn't pay too much attention to the rides as we were consumed with one thing: getcandygetcandygetcandygetcandy!! haha

Seriously, we were there from the 8th through yesterday, and I have to say - it was hot but the crowds were manageable - bless the FastPass. Food and Wine is definitely drawing more people, plus MNSSHP. People are just vacationing at different times now - not as hesitant to take kids away from school, etc. It's also more affordable than ever.

Don't tell anyone - but the best time to go is actually November. :secret: Obviously just my opinion, but it's never failed to be an amazing trip for us.

doodleboy
10-15-2007, 03:11 PM
I used to love going down the week after Columbus day, but noticed that it was more crowded than I liked it. After asking around, I found out that many schools in the south have a Fall break. Couple this with a long Columbus day weekend and you have a crowded park situation. This year I am going to try the week of Halloween. I know that it will be busy, but hoping that weekdays are not bad, since most kids are in school.

Does anyone have any experience with Halloween week?

FamilyBand1
10-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Park was really crowded for October yesterday (Sunday). I was very surprised. I guess MNSSHP isn't so much of a secret anymore, and the golf tourney didn't help either...nor did the Intercot gang. ;)
Not a big deal. We made a spontaneous trip, went on a couple rides and let the kids run around TSI.

There are just fewer and fewer weekends to enjoy an empty park. :(

Laysout4it
10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
I can speak to the fact that Alabama has a Fall Break that fell this past week / weekend for some school systems and then this past weekend into this week for other school systems in the state. Many people at work with school-age children on vacation w/ the kids and some did mention Disney.
Got to watch October now for schools in the south letting out for Fall Breaks and heading to Disney.

DessertDivaFL
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Here in SW FL our schools are taking a break this Friday and the following Monday so I am sure many parents will take advantage of the 4 day weekend.

I feel November is lighter and so we are going next month. I don't like bumper to bumper bodies.