PDA

View Full Version : What does your name mean?

DisneyFreak23
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Just wondering what everyones intercot name means about them. Mine is pretty self-explainitory. Disney Freak (why else would i be on intercot?) and 23 my fave number)

What does your name mean?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Mine's pretty self-explanatory too. I do payroll for a living. At least that's my full time job. I work at a jewelry store part time.

RedSoxFan
10-15-2007, 07:54 AM
I know mine is obvious -- I'm a passionate Red Sox Fan. It's my obsession April-October.

kakn7294
10-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Mine's the same as my ebay name and it came about like this: I'm a nurse and at work we have a machine to store narcotics. It's accessed by a login and password. The letters in my name are the login. The password is the numbers that were supposed to be my anniversary but somehow I made a really bad typo - I can't figure out why I didn't notice because it's really far off! Now I use it for several things since I'm not very creative at making up a catchy screen name.

Piglet822
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Piglet is my favorite Disney character :piglet:
and 822 was the bus I was driving at the time I joined Intercot.

Jasper
10-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Mine is simple also; it is the name of the town where I live and work.

SBETigg
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
My initials and Tigg for Tigger, my husband's nickname for me from almost our first date, before he even knew of my Disney obsession. :tigger:

goofysbabe
10-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I chose my name Goofy's babe, because I think of my husband as a little bit Goofy sometimes and I'm his babe so there ya have it!

NJBelle
10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
When I was little I used to watch Beauty and the Beast everyday. I had always loved Belle. And I live in NJ so NJBelle came out!

BTW: RedSoxFan, I love that user name! GO SOX!

ariel03
10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I love ariel and DH and I got married in 2003 so came Ariel03. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
10-15-2007, 11:31 AM
I thought you were asking about our "real" name and I was going to tell you my legal name means "Gift of God". :haha:And I'm sure all of you are saying, "Yeah, right."
My Intercot name comes from the fact that Donald is my hero as he is the only person with a worse temper than me.:blush:

Hayden's Dad
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Mine is pretty self explanitory as well. My 20 month old son's name is Hayden

martinfamily5
10-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Mine is pretty easy. Our last name is Martin and there are 5 of us.

NJBelle
10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I thought you were asking about our "real" name and I was going to tell you my legal name means "Gift of God". :haha:And I'm sure all of you are saying, "Yeah, right."

LOL! You know, that's what I thought at first too. I was going to post and say, "Well, my name means diligence or industrious." lol.

Stitchahula
10-15-2007, 01:09 PM
well mine came from my 4 y/o ds. He loved to watch stitch the tv show, and everytime it came on he would do a little hula type dance to it. It was so cute and of course I didn't think to video tape it, and now he no longer does it. I too had thought you meant our real name and mine was beacause it needed to end in "een" there are 5 girls we all end in een. It was very sing song since ou last name rhymed with our first.

rcaide
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
When I first joined Intercot I was working at the elementary school as a "reading compensatory" aide. In other words, I worked one-on-one with kids who had difficulty reading. I just used that and became "rcaide." Some people think that I have an over abundance of RCA products at my house:D.

Aggie97
10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Texas A&M University is my alma mater; the Aggies are our mascot. I was in the class of '97.
:)

MickeyandTink
10-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I had no idea what name to use, so I took my favorite character :smickey: and DW's favorite :tink:

And for Aggie97, "How 'bout them Red Raiders!" :football:

DisFan01
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM
I joined somewhat recently, and my name is self-explainatory also. I'm a huge fan of DISNEY WORLD... like about EVERYONE HERE! :number1:

:rocks:

:coaster:

:fworks:

TheMartellFamily
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Ours is pretty self explanitory, Our last name is Jones and DH wanted to be funny and picked Martell as for he likes that kind of brandy. Just kidding. We got our name because when I told my DH to think outside the box this is what he came up with. Boy did he have to work hard for that one. Ha ha ha ha haha.

SgtTigger
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
At the time I was a Sergeant in the Sheriff's Department and I love Tigger......

Now I am a Lieutenant but I am not changing my name......

:cop: :tigger:

vizsla
10-15-2007, 08:07 PM
My name comes from my favorie breed of dog in which we have four of them.

kim1st
10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm actually very proud of having come up with mine!

I love Kim Possible.

Our last name is Kimball.

And at the time, I was planning our first ever family vacation...:number1:

Aggie97
10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I had no idea what name to use, so I took my favorite character :smickey: and DW's favorite :tink:

And for Aggie97, "How 'bout them Red Raiders!" :football:

Not to go completely off-topic, but I say, "thank you, Red Raiders!!" Maybe with enough losses like that we'll be able to get a new coach.... :)

Melanie
10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Not to go completely off-topic, but I say, "thank you, Red Raiders!!" Maybe with enough losses like that we'll be able to get a new coach.... :)

Again :offtopic:, sorry, but AMEN to that!!! :thumbsup:

chrisb26
10-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Mine is pretty easy also. My first name is Chris and my last name starts with b thus Chrisb now the 26 that I really can't tell you I just put it when I was choosing a log on that might have been choosen for me but anyways I got Chrisb26 and now I use that :D

Savvy
10-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I think mine is pretty self-explanetory :D
I love PoTC! So yeah :D

dolphinmickey9170
10-15-2007, 11:36 PM
When I first joined Intercot I was working at the elementary school as a "reading compensatory" aide. In other words, I worked one-on-one with kids who had difficulty reading. I just used that and became "rcaide." Some people think that I have an over abundance of RCA products at my house:D.

I thought maybe you liked arcades, hahaha:D....yeah, I know, don't give up my day job.

My name came about because I signed up on Intercot a long time back with Mickey9170, the mouse and my date of birth 9/1/70. But I forgot all about Intercot....I know, how could that be possible, well, I was deathly sick, in the hospital for almost two months and after being in a drug induced psychosis for a month....I didn't even know my REAL name, let alone my I-cot name. So I signed up again. Well, you cannot change your name or use it again, so I had to use another one. My first, and ONLY tattoo is of a dolphin, so I added that to the front of Mickey9170! I use the mickey for everything....too funny!

And for the RedSoxFan, rock on!! Go Sox!

AFDisneyFam
10-16-2007, 12:33 AM
I chose our name based on the two most important things in our family.
AF=Air Force. My husband is in, which means we are all in. :D
Disney=No matter where the Air Force sends us, it's the one place we always come "home" to.
Fam=Family is what it's all about!

Mickey 101
10-16-2007, 01:12 AM
I had a hard time picking a name as I was a lurker for years and when I went to sign up, it seemed like everything clever was already taken. My DD actually suggested my name. I felt it was a good fit for two reasons: 1) Intercot is about learning and sharing Disney facts. 2) My favorite character is Mickey and our first trip as a family was in 1/01.

kaerbear178
10-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Karebear is a nickname people use every once in a while. I accidentally spelled it wrong - kaerbear (which is embarrassing because I'm kind of a spelling snob). :drama: 178 is for my birthday - 1 for January, 17 is the day, and 8 for 80.

2Epcot
10-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Mine is kind of obvious, Epcot is my favorite place to go, but I created the name before Intercot. 2Epcot used to be the personalized license plate on my SUV.

KEYONNAH
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
When I chose my name everything I wanted was already taken so I used my niece's name since I was planning a trip and taking her with me. She was excited.

BAMABOY
10-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Well, I am from Alabama and I an a guy so it just seemed to fit........and I love BAMA football too!!:thumbsup:

IloveJack
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I guess with my name and my avatar, it's pretty obvious which "Jack" I'm talking about. The PoTC trilogy has to be my all-time-fave Disney movie(s) and I collect anything to do with the trilogy, so it was an easy choice.

Funny thing is... dh's fave character is also "Jack", but this one, :jack:.

IloveDisney71
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Mine is pretty easy to understand:
I love Disney so I picked Ilovedisney.
The 71 has two meanings for me: I was born in 1971 and Disney World opened in 1971. What a great year! HA:mickey:

prprincess
10-17-2007, 10:58 AM
When I joined, I wanted to use Princess, since I'm such a little Disney diva. But of course, it was taken, so I thought I'd add a little something to it. PR is because my family is from Puerto Rico. :-)

NJBelle
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I think mine is pretty self-explanetory :D
I love PoTC! So yeah :D

Off topic, but :welcome: to Intercot! You're gonna love it here!

disneycouple2004
10-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Well of course i had to include DW and since we were married at the World it just fit well so thats what i came up with...guess it was a good idea..i noticed disneycouple2007 is on the boards now..thats great :thumbsup:

aka

Lonny & Tammy

Terra
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Fun thread and I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses!!

I'm so original...mine is just my first name...lol

The Flying Dutchman
10-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I chose mine for two reasons:
1. Very proud of my dutch heritage
2. Who doesn't love a mysterious ship captained by the most feared pirate ever?

BTW: great thread topic!

pink
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Mine's PINK because it's my favorite color and I like the way it sounded!

:mickey:

baldburke
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM
It is interesting to learn more about the other INTERCOT inhabitees.

Bald = Beth, Annabelle, Lily and Dave. There was another that came after. Its not that we don't like him, its just that we had the other for so long it sort of stuck. You can probably figure the rest.

disneydeb
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
disneydeb - disney, because I love Disney
deb, because that's part of my given name - Debra

all lowercase, not because I'm insecure, but because it's easier to key.

:mickey:deb

Celestria
10-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Celestria... i would LOVE to say thats my real name... it sounds sooo pretty.....
in french class we had to pick a name. the one i wanted was already taken so i got celest. for chat rooms and other things it didn't have the right ring to it. adding the ria made it sound more like a star cluster or a royal name. so Celestria was born.

Earnhardt321
10-18-2007, 04:26 AM
My intercot name came from my love of NASCAR or nore like my love of the Earnhardt's and the 321 us just something my cousin put on the end. I still have no idea why.

DisneyDudet
10-18-2007, 04:58 AM
I use this for as many things as I can!

When you say my name, its like Disney Dudette. I thought putting that as DisneyDudette would be way too long, and also hard to do with the 2 T's and all, so I did it phonetically, and DisneyDudet was created! I tend to say dude a lot (especially when I got my SN and WAY before Crush!) so, yeah... thats my name. Not exactly exciting though.

Aggie97, why is it that the Aggies are so proud all the time, yet, not so great at football? (Insert bad Aggie joke here)

dmosher
10-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Mine is quite boring. First letter is D (Darren) then my last name. Nothing exciting here... what can I say... I save my imagination for the parks!
D

Mickey052501
10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
My name means a big fan of mickey and the 052501 is when my DH and I were married 05/25/01.

Jen:mickey:

scootch713
10-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Mine is scootch(rhymes with butch)...some "pet name" my hubby and I call each other. Not sure where it originated.

713 is my dad's number. He told us to play it the day before he died and it HIT! It has since came up at the oddest moments, like he is sending us a signal from heaven. :cloud9:

youngOx96
10-19-2007, 10:23 AM
First of all, great topic!

The origin of my name is sort of a long story, but I'll try to give you the abridged version.

When I was in prison, okay, I wasn't really in prison – but it was close. During my college years I attended a military school so I got pretty used to people calling me by my last name - Young. At some point during my tenure at school, my classmates noticed that I bore an uncanny resemblance to John Candy's character in the movie Stripes – especially with a shaved head. His name in that movie was Dewey Oxburger, which was shortened to Ox. Finally, the 96 has two meanings. First it is the year DW and I were married. Second, it was my Class year at school. The class year is important because it was used as a method of identification while I was there. There were many tests and term papers that I turned in with Young96 on them.

Anyway, you get the idea. You combine all three things and get youngOx96 - I've had it for years and will probably keep it.

cal5755
10-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Mine is my initials.. Cheryl Ann Lecza and 5 my birthdate... 75 is my birth year and the extra 5 represents my family of 5.

pogo
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Uhhhmmm....

I don't know........ because it was easy to type p.o.g.o........

so my name is pogo ! :D

Auntie
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
"Auntie"....I guess that seems obvious. Only it's my sister's kids that call me "Auntie" as my brothers children call me "Aunt Phyllis". It isn't an easy name for a child and I don't think any of them called me anything until they were about 7! So when my sister had her first child, I asked her to have my niece call me "Auntie"...and it stuck, and when my nephew came along 17 mos. later he followed suit. They say I'm their "favorite Auntie!"...which I love..could eat them up! My neice will be 11 tomorrow..time sure does fly.

aprilisis
10-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Mine is WAY too simple-
April= my name
Isis (pronounced eye-siss)= my dog's name

BTW Aggie97, you are the only other person I have seen with our name since high school! :)

divinedi
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
My name means, among other things depending on which book you read, 'divine maiden', so at one time I shortened it to divinedi and I use it for a lot of things. I suppose to some it may seem like a vain thing:blush:, I just kind of thought it went well together, it is what my name means and no reflection on how I feel about myself. I was having a hard time, like some, coming up with a name long ago, and this kind of just stuck.

LuckyMum22
10-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I am very lucky to be a mother to two children because I had five miscarriages in between! We did lots of incredible non-FDA approved things to get our son here. I feel very blessed and show it every day when I use my screen name!

Ian
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Mine's Scottish for John. ;)

Aggie97
10-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Mine is WAY too simple-
April= my name
Isis (pronounced eye-siss)= my dog's name

BTW Aggie97, you are the only other person I have seen with our name since high school! :)

Same here!!! How funny. :)

mrsgaribaldi
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Mr Garibaldi was a cat I had who died way to young of heart disease. I use the name Mrs Garibaldi alot:thumbsup:

Ian
10-25-2007, 06:27 AM
My name means a big fan of mickey and the 052501 is when my DH and I were married 05/25/01.Cool ... that's one year to the day before my first DD was born.

Her birthday is 5/25/02!

Okay, maybe that wasn't as interesting as I thought it was before I posted it ...

Ed
10-25-2007, 06:49 AM
My very favorite character is Tigger, and I was trying to get my oldest grandson to pronounce it. At the time, he had a tendency to repeat almost everything, and he'd occasionally clip syllables off words. For example, if he wanted milk, he'd say "milk milk". Anyhoo... I looked at him and told him to repeat after me...."Tigger". His reply was "Tigg Tigg". And it stuck.

The "5" represented how many g'kids we had at the time. We're now up to 7 with one more on the way.

:cool:

DisneyOtaku
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
"Otaku" means obsessive fan in Japanese, usually refering to anime/manga lovers. In Japan, it has a negative connotation to it (like geeky), but in the States people throw it around like a bage of honor. So, with Disney in my name, it means "Obsessive Disney Fan"--which is 100% true :mickey:

mtown71
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
My explanation isn't that exciting. Mtown stands for Middletown, the city I live in & then 71 for the year I was born. See, thrilling, huh? ;)

julyjewel
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
I chose mine because I have a July birthday and I love rubies. Instead of July ruby, I thought Julyjewel sounded better. Nothing too exciting.:mickey:

Ian
10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
The "5" represented how many g'kids we had at the time. We're now up to 7 with one more on the way.I smell a name change!!

Ladies and gentleman ... presenting ... the new and improved ....... TiggTigg8!!!

LuckyMum22
10-25-2007, 02:57 PM
I smell a name change!!

Speaking of name changes...
what happened to WDWacky?

amd780
10-27-2007, 02:20 PM
LOL...my name means absolutely nothing. I wasn't feeling very creative at the time I signed up for Intercot. I just sat there for a minute, tried to come up with a name, and when I drew a blank, just threw 3 letters and 3 numbers together. :D

DrivingSideways
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
My name is from a song that I loved at the time I signed up, "Driving Sideways" by Aimee Mann. It's also a pretty accurate description of the way I drive... :blush:

tiaramom
10-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Mother Of A Beauty Queen
And A True Princess Myself...
Lol

EpcotChic23
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
I love Epcot, I am a girl and I was 23 when I first signed up for Intercot.:mickey:

DisneyTwirler13!
10-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Mine is because I love Disney, I am a baton twirler, and the number 13 has a lot of things about it- 3 minus 1 equals 2, the month I was born in, and I've been using the number 13 a lot lately, and if u take 13 and subtract 2, u get the day I was born, and I was a certain age when I joined Intercot.

MCFantasia
10-30-2007, 04:40 AM
MC = My initials
Fantasia = Classic Disney film

IamBelle
11-01-2007, 07:15 PM
IamBelle- Belle isn't my real name, I was (and still am) obssessed w/ Beauty and the Beast, Belle is my favorite Princess, since I was really little, peple said I looked like her, and we both have the same personality (like to read, serious at times, etc.) :D