PDA

View Full Version : Water rides in Nov.

jenperich
10-14-2007, 07:38 PM
We're going to WDW at the end of November. We've never been at that time, so naturally we don't know what to expect as far as weather goes. So...will we be able to go on water rides, i.e. SplMtn, Kali River Rapids, and Backlot Studio Tour? I'm just afraid that we'll be cold. So...what do you think? TIA!

chrisb26
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I think it would really depend on the weather that day. I went at the beginning of December last year and some days where cool but others it was warm. It also depends when you go during the day if you where to go on the water rides I would go at the beginning of the day so you have the warm sun to dry you off. If you go before it gets dark you might get cold since at night it did get kind of cool. However the Back Lot tour you dont get wet much at all maybe a little sprinkle mist type thing but nothing like splash mtn. and kali.

Ms.Disney
10-14-2007, 09:10 PM
You can never tell, I have lived here all my life. I can remember very cold Thanksgivings and very hot Thanksgivings as well. Start watching the weather channel about a week before you come. Here is a little tip....if you really want on the water rides and it's cool out buy (or bring) ponchos, they work very well DH and had them on splash mt. (in the front row) and we were dry as a bone;) Have a great trip :mickey:

Dr. Disney
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Every year we have gone during November (1st week) we have planned a day at one of the water parks. One may be closed at that time for rehab.:mickey:

emerzmom
10-15-2007, 09:56 AM
I agree with bringing a rain poncho for these rides. It works great. Some people have made comments about "why ride a water ride if you wear a poncho?" but it can get mighty chilly if you are wet even in 60 degree weather. I don't care if it looks crazy. I would not want to miss some of my favorite rides (like Splash Mountain) just because it is a little too chilly to get wet. The only ride that the poncho doesn't really help out much is the Kali Rapid ride. I seem to always get completely soaked on this ride and the rain poncho just doesn't seem to do the trick. That is the one ride I would skip on a chilly day.
Have fun!!!!

LibertyTreeGal
10-15-2007, 11:07 AM
No way to predict -- weather in November is similar to february and one year I wore shorts and t-shirts and two years later I never got to take off my coat.

kbean
10-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I can't remember a cold Nov down here. Usually gets cold towards Jan. The past few Xmas, I've been in shorts. I miss the snow!!!

JohnHMCWYG
10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
We visited Disney in early 1994 (I recall that because that year's Winter Olympics were going on when we visited and Disney had these little books promoting it). The weather was okay, but not conducive to water rides. We did go on Splash Mountain, but it felt cold when we got off.

It heats back up in late Winter/early Spring, though, which is when we usually go. I think the family should do a water park this year. That would be cool (no pun intended).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff