PDA

View Full Version : *sniff* I just need to talk...

NJBelle
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay, so I wanted to audition for my local Messiah this year for Christmas. The age limit is 15 and up and I'm 14. SO I was going to go audition for it today and just hope that I'd get in. Well, I've got some sort of viral pnuemonia. :ill: Guess who's not going out of the house to audition?
I'm really disapointed since I love singing and this would be a great way to start putting my resume together. I want to major in vocal preformance (so I can sing w/ the Voices of Liberty! :secret:) and I need a bit of a resume to get into a good colledge. I know I have plenty of time but I'm just sad that I couldn't start this year.
I wont be able to audition and they wont let me in because I'm a year too young. :( All this to say, I'm pretty sad.

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Of course you are sad! How disappointing for you. I'm sorry you're sick now, of all times. Hang in there and try to think positive. There is time and plenty of opportunity for you in the future. I know this is no consolation now and it just feels bad, and I feel for you. Hugs!

Jenemmy
10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Ahhhhh -- someone after my own heart. I so adore singing and I can totally relate to catching a bug at the worst possible time. But, look at it this way -- you could have had a killer audition and they very well may have still turned you down due to your age. BUT -- next year -- watch out, baby -- it will be YOUR year to SHINE!!

So sorry you are feeling blue :hug:

Cinderelley
10-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Sorry to hear you're feeling so blue. Sometimes it's so hard to wait to grow up. Here's some pixie dust to get rid of that nasty pneumonia! :pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry you have to miss the tryouts. And I hope you are felling better soon.

bleukarma
10-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Just remember that everything happens for a reason. If you would've made it at this audition then you could possibly missed out on something greater that could be just around the corner. Hang in there! :mickey: And feel better soon!!

Marilyn Michetti
10-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Oh, sweetie, let a little "old" lady offer you some comfort.

I'm a Sr. Citizen now, and have sung all my life. In 1959, I, along with my sister and another friend won a national contest for our church demonination in trio. We competed against other trio's and quartet's from three states, and my love for singing just never waned. I've sung in big choirs, small groups, and solo work for the last 48 years, and like you, my "dream":cloud9: would be to sing with the Voices of Liberty. I've had to stop because of health problems, but you're just opening the door. I PROMISE you, what's on the other side, will carry you on wings, for as long as you want .

It sounds like a major disappointment, (and it is), but you just start getting ready for next year. You will AMAZE the judges - (I feel it in my joints). ((Well, maybe it's the weather)). Anyway, you have a dream, and it sounds like you have a plan for making it happen. I have a feeling there's nowhere for you to go but "up".

Hang in there sweetie. Your day is coming, and it will be here before you can blink.

The BEST of luck! Someday, I'm going to recognize your name, and say, RIGHT ON !!:thumbsup:

NJBelle
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks yall! I'm begining to feel better all ready.

Oh and Marilyn, you say you can feel it in your joints... Well, I've got a form of arthritis and I'm feeling it too... it's the weather. :D lol.