PDA

View Full Version : Jiko reviews?

emerzmom
10-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Any thoughts on Jiko at AKL? We are going to WDW the week of Thanksgiving and ADR's are hard to come by. An ADR for Thanksgiving day opened up at Jiko. I took it but I am not sure about the food. I have tried Boma. It was interesting but the food was a little different.
Any thoughts?

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Jiko. The chef who designed the menu is an award-winning chef. Our friends in FL think it is the best restaurant anywhere. There are some unusual twists on more standard favorites, and there has been a recent change of chefs, but I would still count on a great experience. Enjoy!

mudpuppysmom
10-14-2007, 05:43 PM
We were there on Mother's Day and the food was as fantatic as it has always been. One night we were at Boma and my cousin and I were looking over the menu while we were waiting to be seated at Boma......we looked at each other and said, "the prices aren't that bad".....then we both realized that we were looking at the KIDS MENU!!! Needless to say, DH doesn't really care about menu prices when we are on vacation, so the next time we were there I had made an ADR for us to go there and we have been going ever since!

We try to pick different things each time we go, but there are a few things that we always get.....Kalamata olive flat bread being one of them, the other being a Jiko kids puzzle for DS. We will continue to return there as long as the food and service continue to be wonderful!

wendy*darling
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Jiko, and most WDW restaurants, typically offer a traditional Thanksgiving menu in addition to their usual menu on Thanksgiving Day. I would expect them to do the same this year as well.
So if you want your turkey and stuffing- they will probably have it that day.

They do this for Christmas Day as well.

DVC Mike
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
We love Jiko! It's one of the best restaurants at WDW.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
10-14-2007, 09:32 PM
Jiko is amazing!!!!!!!! The food is an A+ :number1:

emerzmom
10-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Just the info I was hoping for. Thanks!!!

BugeyedMuggy
10-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Jiko & Boma are night and day. I love Jiko (think Boma is just ok) You will not be disappointed in this ressie.