PDA

View Full Version : Laundry at Poly?

vamaggie
10-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I know the Poly has laundry facilities but where are they located? Are they 24 hours? How busy are they? Any tips about when are "off hours" and machines may be more open? Trying to start packing (leaving in 17 days!!!) and wondering if laundry will be able to be worked into the schedule. Would love to pack light if possible. Thanks!

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
When we were there a few years ago, the laundry was in the building with the Neverland Club, I think? Probably still in that vicinity. We were in Rarotonga and it was an easy walk. They have plenty of machines and a nice lounge if you stay and wait (we didn't). I don't know what they hours were but we were there midweek, midafternoon, and there were plenty of machines open.

I was pleasantly surprised (and felt spoiled!) when we did laundry at the GF on our last trip and discovered that every building has their own laundry room. Nice!

wendy*darling
10-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I think that location is correct- at least it was 10 years ago...

I believe all of the laundry rooms are 24 hrs.- you just need your room key to enter.

It's been several years since I have done laundry at a resort (with DVC, I love having it right in my villa :)), but I always found early morning to be the quietest time. I'd bring a magazine or book and read while I washed & dried. Nowadays, I'd probably bring my iPod too.