PDA

View Full Version : Back Surgery Pixie Dust

PirateLover
10-14-2007, 04:37 PM
You may remember a few months ago I mentioned that my boyfriend was bedridden with two herniated discs, a bulging disc, and sciatic pain. Well 3 cortisone injections later he still is in pain and they've decided to do a discectomy on the two herniated discs. Basically from what I understand, they cut off the end of the disc that is pushing against the nerves and causing pain. He was told that within a month he would be good as new and as long as he loses a few more pounds, stays healthy, and stays away from manual labor, he should be good as gold. It was recommended that he get the surgery done last tuesday, and now the surgery is tomorrow morning! He is so excited by the prospect of feeling better that he isn't even nervous. I on the other hand am extremely nervous for him. This surgery does have a success rate of 80-90% and his surgeon is pretty renowned so hopefully everything works out, but I'm sure a little pixie dust couldn't hurt :) Thanks!

Cinderelley
10-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Prayers going up from Arizona for a very successful surgery!

merlinmagic4
10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
:pixie: on the way! I sure hope this brings him relief. Sometimes it's harder to be the one waiting so some :pixie: for you too!!

kim1st
10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
A girlfriend of mine had this surgery. She said even with the post-op pain, she felt better almost immediately.

She said that Netflix and Peapod were lifesavers when she was off her feet after the surgery.

:pixie: coming your way!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I hope the surgery is a big sucess and his recovery time is fast. Best of luck to him and to you too!

ElenitaB
10-15-2007, 09:27 AM
:pixie: for a successful procedure and a quick recovery!

disneydrmr
10-15-2007, 09:43 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: Good luck! Best wishes for a successful surgery and a quick and painless recovery!

NJBelle
10-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Good luck! Sending prayers
Lot's of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: and hopes for a speedy recovery!
:tink:

PirateLover
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
The surgery is done and he is home! Everyone in the operating room said his disc was the biggest they've ever operated on! Not sure if that's something to be proud of but what can ya do.There was a tense moment during pre-op when the anesthesiologist came in wearing his NY Giants head covering and I had my Eagles hoodie on... my boyfriend looked at me, said "Don't say anything!" Then looked at the doc and said "I love the Giants!":thumbsup: He's in pain but hanging in there. Now we wait for the meds to get approved by workman's comp. Thanks everyone.