PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party

debbiestickel
10-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I've been reading the posts for a while but this is my first post!

Has anyone ever done the MDGPPTP with their daughters? I just made our reservations and I wanted to know exactly what the girls do while they're there. Is it just eating? It says something about pampering, so I wasn't sure if there was any type of hair or make-up that went along too.

Thanks!

tiaramom
10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I Was Also Interested In This Info
I Dont See Much About It Listed
Would Love A Real Review On It -
From Someone Who Has Went
Is It Ok For A 3 Yr. Old?
Thanks

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I've never been to the party, although I'm interested in hearing details as well...DD might like it for her birthday trip next year.

However, I did want to say :welcome: to Intercot...glad to have you posting...I know how much I've learned from all of the "experts" here :thumbsup:

SingingLights
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
This was a lovely experience for my DWand DD to share. My DW's family traveled with us that year and one child was accompanied by three adults (my DW, MIL and SIL).:trio:

They loved Rose Petal and her knowledge of songs. She took requests from the audience and sang every song they requested. One of the attendees was a child in a wheelchair, and appeared to be very ill, she requested "God Bless the Outcasts" from the Hunchback of Norte Dame.:sing: There was not a dry eye in the place when Rose Petal finished the song.:cry:

The doll our DD received is very nice quality and she has really enjoyed it. The food, tea sandwiches, scones and tea for the adults and apple juice and peanut butter sandwiches and cookies (I think) for the children, was good and the service was excellent.

It is worth the price and the time.

Mickey91
10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
My DD and I attended this event in Sept. I have to say that it was worth every single penny!! DD could not stop thanking me the rest of the trip and still tells me that it was the best day of her life.

From reading other reviews, there seems to be a slight variation from one tea time to the next. Here is an account of our experience:

Each child is announced like royalty as she enters. Rose Petal then gives her a tiara and she is seated at a table that already has her name on a place card as if she were an invited guest to a royal tea. Her Disney doll is waiting at her seat dressed as Aurora(this is not an American Girl Doll it is a Disney doll that you see in the gift shops. She is dressed in an Aurora dress with a wand and crown. I think the only way to get this dress is at the tea. The only draw back is that she will not have the original outfit that comes with the ones that you buy.) The announcing of guests takes a little while but your daughter will be so caught up in playing with her new best friend that time will quickly pass.

Once everyone is seated, Rose Petal begins to tell the story of how she came to be and the beginning of Sleeping Beauty's story. She sings and dances and is IMHO the best character at Disney (outside of Mickey of course). Even if a child is interrupting or not as polite as one would hope, she smiles and gracefully without missing a beat acknowledges the child and goes on. She goes around the room to each table having the children interact with the story. My DD actually got to get up and help with the motions for the song they were going to sing to greet Princess Aurora upon her arrival. When Princess Aurora arrives, they have a princess parade and then Aurora comes around and meets each child. Rose Petal and Baron Branch (the royal musician) also make rounds to greet each child.

This really isn't an Aurura event. She comes out at the end and does the parade and meets everyone. Most of the time is spent with Rose Petal. But, it is one of the most special times you will spend with your child and one you will both remember always.

I didn't say anything about the food because it isn't really worth mentioning. The fruit and cheese were good. I didn't care for the sandwiches and DD doesn't really eat sandwiches so.... But, I loved the cake!! (DD didn't care for it much.) We needed a snack before dinner because we really didn't eat much.

At the end of the tea, Aurora hands each girl a rose and you are told to go to the gift shop upstairs to receive your best friend certificate and scrapbook pages. I have seen some complaints about this, but I have to say that I preferred not having all that at the table with us.

I highly recommend it for any child who loves princesses and still feels like she is a princess. My DD is 10 and loved it. But, I know some of her friends have out grown that sort of thing. The majority of the girls were 5-7 with a few younger and a few older. Hopes this helps someone!:princess: