PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Theme Park crowds

DNS
10-14-2007, 01:51 PM
We are booking out vacation and we need to include a weekend (less time out of school). We are going in November hoping to see all the Christmas decorations, parties, etc. Our plan is for the a few days leading up to Thanksgiving week. My question is how crowded are the parks the Friday (6 days) before Thanksgiving? I expect for Saturday to be crowded and we'll use Sunday as a travel home day. We figure one day with major crowds is doable, but 2 out of our 3 days, we might want to re-think the dates.
Thanks!

DisneyTwirler13!
10-14-2007, 03:02 PM
it shouldn't be too crowded, but there might be a few long lines every once and a while

Strmchsr
10-14-2007, 04:33 PM
The crowds begin to increase on the Monday before Thanksgiving and build throughout the week. Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) through the following Sunday are very popular and quite crowded. The week following Thanksgiving has also gotten quite popular, so there's some drop off on Sunday, but not nearly as much as there used to be. That said there's really not an "uncrowded" time at WDW anymore. You just have to go with a plan, use fastpass and see what you can. The week before Thanksgiving (I couldn't really tell if you were talking about staying to the Sunday after Thanksgiving or leaving the Sunday before) isn't too bad. The crowds that weekend are just normal weekend crowds.

FamilyBand1
10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
We used to go on Thanksgiving day... about 15-20 years ago. You could hear crickets it was so empty.