PDA

View Full Version : Xmas time at AK.

kbean
10-14-2007, 10:25 AM
I was wondering if AK dresses the park up for Xmas time. I'm can't decide which park to go to, and Ive been to MK lots of time around Xmas and would like to try AK this year.

TwoTinyWings
10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
AK is, indeed, decorated for Christmas. They have a big tree by the park entrance and decorations throughout the park that have a great look to them - beautiful and festive but a bit low-key, so they fit right in with the park's overall theming. There is a lot of greenery, accented by brightly colored ball ornaments and some very rustic-looking ornaments made of straw and hammered metal (animals, stars, etc.). This past December, we were quite impressed by how lovely the park looked. I don't have any of my pictures posted online, but I'm sure if you did a search you could find some photos to give you an idea of what it looked like.

In addition to the decorations, the park also had some special holiday entertainment. We caught the tail end of a performance by one of the strolling musician groups that included some very cool exotic-sounding arrangements of holiday tunes. The parade is also changed a bit to fit the holiday theme, which is fun.

I think, if you choose AK, you won't be disappointed.

kbean
10-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks, thats all I needed to hear. I just wasn't sure if they only but a few decors up or not.

WDWfanatic742
10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
The big change is the afternoon parade which is themed much more for Christmas Time. Besides the Christmas tree outside the park, you can't notice many of the decorations in the park if there were many.

joelkfla
10-15-2007, 12:46 PM
In Camp Minnie-Mickey, there are Christmas trees decorated by different characters. It's fun to look for the sometimes subtle clues to figure out whose tree it is.

SurferStitch
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I think AK does a beautiful job at decorating for Christmas. You definitely won't be able to miss the decorations....they're all over, and very tastefully done. In fact, the tree at the entrance is my favorite tree at any park!

The parade has a lot of Christmas added to it. The floats/vehicles are heavily decorated, and Donald's boat even had "snow" blowing from it last year. It's really cute.

TheRustyScupper
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
1) All the parks get the treatment for Christmas.
2) Epcot is the most decorated.
3) MK is the least decorated.
4) It is the least decorated, because it is already a magical place.