PDA

View Full Version : Teppen Ado....

Sunshine1010
10-14-2007, 02:23 AM
Sorry if I'm not spelling the restaurant correctly....

When I was at this restaurant in 2005, I got the chicken/steak combo. I'd like to try something else the next time I go. Do they offer Chicken Fried Rice? I don't see it on the menu. I'd like to get that as my main dish.

disneymom2000
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Nine Dragons has it but I am unsure about the restaurant you are asking about. I have eaten there but almost everyone had the teppanyaki style dining

Sunshine1010
10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Well, I've been to restaurants like this before outside of Disney, and you can get fried rice with chicken or beef, and they'll make it right there for you.

I was unsure if the Disney's restaurant would do this, or if they just serve a few items.

SBETigg
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Teppan Edo (used to be Teppanyaki) is new with a new menu, but I'm pretty sure chicken fried rice is not an option. They do offer rice and various chicken dishes, so I wouldn't rule it out. It's always possible that your chef will accommodate a special request. We have three similar style restaurants that we frequent around here and I've never noticed chicken fried rice on the menu at any of them, but maybe I missed it.

EPCOT84
10-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Nine Dragons has it but I am unsure about the restaurant you are asking about. I have eaten there but almost everyone had the teppanyaki style dining

Agreed. Fried rice is Chinese so it makes sense to be at Nine Dragons. Japanese cuisine traditionally does not have fried rice. If Mitsukoshi is developing a really authentic menu for Teppan Edo, probably not. The other new restaurant there, Tokyo Dining, will have more non-traditional, modern day offerings.

Sunshine1010
10-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Well, ....I know my husband ordered it from a Japanese restaurant from the hibatchi grill....and it was absolutely delicious. I remember them cracking an egg on the grill and added it to the rice .....and I was thinking...WHAT are they doing with an egg. That's when my husband told me that most fried rice has egg in it (notice the bits of 'scrambled egg' in the rice).

The Japanese restaurant in my town has the best Chicken Fried Rice I've EVER had in my life.

Regardless.....I wish they made it.

Thanks for all the answers guys!!!!!!!