PDA

View Full Version : First Day at CR-not so fun at first - long

Princess Maggie
10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Checked in the the Contemporary this morning,and headed to MK becuase room wasn't ready. Normal since we were here at the crack of dawn. When we got back in the late afternoon we stoped at the Tempo-grab n go. Not go so Tempo. This place is horrible. No food, no beverage fountain. We then headed to our room. Dirty glasses, stained comforter, stained day bed, very dusty desk, to the point where I could see the previous guest wrote the words clean me in the dust. :secret: DH then called housekeeping, he said he wanted a turn down service and to have the room re-clean because it was just plain dirty. We then went out for our anniversay dinner and came back to a clean room, and tons of towel animals. Ok, room problem solved. We then went or tried to go swimming. Not only were their ducks, (which I did read here there would be), in the pool, along with band aids, mulch, and tons of bugs. Needless to say we headed back up to the room. Will have to complain about that tomorrow. All and all a good first day. Can't wait till tomorrow.:mickey:

Sunshine1010
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Hearing your story......yeah, I'd be a little let-down also.

Although I know nothing is perfect and so forth ----- but some of those things are downright unacceptable.

I hope things get better.

AbeeNormal
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
Happy Anniversary PrincessMaggie:dance:

I'm sorry your first day didn't start out so great. :(:rolleyes:

Hopefully that's overwith and it's all magic from here on out.:mickey3::minnie:

Figaro
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Princess Maggie, I'm sorry you've had a rough start with the CT so far. While I can't comment on the room conditions, as thats not my area of specialty, I can say, I'm very sorry about the pool. I'm one of the lifeguards at the Contemporary and I can promise you the pool isn't normally, or really, ever like that. Our Recreation staff is very dedicated to their job and keeping up the pool and marina. I'm confident the pool will be sparkling tomorrow. I might actually be heading to the CT tomorrow, So I myself will make a comment to them about the pool conditions. If your still at the CT on Friday, let me know. And of course, Happy Anniversary. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
How disappointing and frustrating! I hope the rest of your trip goes off without a hitch!

Sunshine1010
10-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Figaro ---- that sure is nice of you!!!!!!

Good job in being proud and wanting to fix the problem.

As Randy from American Idol would say ---- "Props to you"......

Princess Maggie
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Figaro, thanks for the pool update, and letting someone know. We are only staying until Thursday. However, we will be definitely checking out the pool again tonight. And thank you everyone for wishing us a Happy Anniversary. :cloud9:

Cinderelley
10-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Hope you're having a great anniversary trip now!

faline
10-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Sorry to hear you had some bumps in your day! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary dinner!