PDA

View Full Version : Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Exo
10-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Last weekend I went to this for the first time ever. Been going to WDW all my life. What a blast. The actors were fantastic! The chefs and the servers were exemplary. The food was excellent. :thumbsup: 2 thumbs Up!:thumbsup:

MMouse6937
10-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Can you tell me what kind of food you had? Also, I thought they had some black out days in Sept/Oct? We are considering going next year because we heard it was so great. Also, it's 2TS credits, right? Thanks for your info, glad you liked it! :)

judoma
10-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Wow, we are doing this in 2 weeks! This was the first ADR we booked(2 TS). My DH did this in the early 80s as a kid (The only trip anyone in my family has taken) and loved it. In the spirit of nostalgia, I decided to book it for our first family trip with DD(8) and DS(6). I can't wait! Our kids and I have never been, ever! I hope we have the same experience as you at this dinner show!:D

N2DisneyWorld
10-13-2007, 10:53 PM
We really enjoyed this dinner show too. If I remember correctly, we sat at the table and a salad was waiting on us. Then we were served fried chicken, bbq ribs, baked beans, corn on the cob (which I could not stop eating), and some other items.

The dessert was Strawberry Shortcake.

The show was wonderful. Have a great time!

LibertyTreeGal
10-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the Revue Review ;) We'll be at the HDDR in 46 days!!!

sneadhead
10-14-2007, 01:27 AM
We went to this for the first time last year. We took 3 children (ages 10, 8, and 6). I wasn't sure how they would react, but they absolutely LOVED it. They still break out in some of the songs. They have told me next time we go to WDW (May 2008, hopefully) that this is definitely on their too do list. I highly recommend it.

Mulan
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
We did this two years ago and had a great time. So much so that we are doing it again this Christmas trip and taking two other families. The food is fun and good and the show is great. This is a wonderful dinner show for children. A dinner is a dinner, but if kids (and adults) can sing, laugh, play washboards, bang on their plates and walk away with those memories....it's worth every penny!

RobWreck
10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Aside from throwing in the occasional holiday song in December, it's been pretty much the same show and same skits for the past 20+ years. With that said, the foods always been great and the show's alot of fun... enough to go back and catch it every other trip. :D
Rob

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
So glad you liked it :thumbsup:

We've been on our last two trips, and were considering skipping it this time, but as we get closer to the 180-day mark for ADR's, the troops are asking to go back :mickey:

Mom2princesses
10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
We went for the first time this past August! I was worried about my 3 year old sitting still for a show but she loved it! We all did. It was great family fun. My little one still talks about the HDDR!