PDA

View Full Version : Pirate and Princess Party

FortheloveofStitch
10-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I saw under the events dates in 2008 for the party. I called Disney because I am interested in getting tickets for 4/16/08 and was told that dates for April 2008 have not been released yet? Are the dates on Intercot the dates for sure or just best guesses by park hours?:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
10-12-2007, 11:57 PM
I forget where we get our dates, but I know that they are official. It could be that they haven't put them in the database or something like that. The tickets might not have gone on sale yet?

Deesdisney
10-13-2007, 12:57 AM
What about Jan.? I do not see any dates for jan. or feb.?

2girlsmom
10-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Can you post the link to where you found the info? I haven't had any luck looking on InfoCentral to find the dates you are referring to.....Thanks!!!!!!

WDWfanatic742
10-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Pirates & Princess Party
Magic Kingdom
April 1, 4, 6, 11, 16, 23, 29

It's in the event's (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/events.asp) page

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-14-2007, 02:49 AM
Erm....I might be the bold one to do this....but, from what I was told by my leaders at MK, we are supposed to have more P&P parties next year than this year. Like, it was supposed to be a total of around 60-70 special events nights between P&P, MNSSHP, and MVMCP.

8 parties really isn't a lot and it was a huge success this year. That's why they added the second set of parties but even if they did two sets of 8 for 16 parties, that's still less than this year because January-March alone had about 13 and then they added 8 extra days in August-September.

As for the information, where do you get this? Is it just an assumption based on the times for park closings listed in April? Because if so, there are also dates they close early in Jan-March as well.

Because as of right now,

Returning Select Nights in 2008!

Become a pirate or a princess in the place where dreams come true! Grab your adventure map and treasure pouch as you embark on a quest through Magic Kingdom® Park for chocolate doubloons and royal beads. Immerse yourself in pirate coves and princess courts. Be dazzled by Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade. Experience the Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks spectacular. If you wish, you can even come to the party dressed in your favorite pirate or princess costume*!

All of this, plus use of some of the most popular Magic Kingdom® attractions, will provide you with a night of adventure to remember and "treasure" forever.

Event Highlights:

Pirate coves and princess courts
A bounty of giveaways
Interactive activities including Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial and Aladdin's Royal Guard Recruitment
Character meet and greets and adventurous atmospheres
Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade
Magic, Music and Mayhem fireworks spectacular
Dream Along With Mickey castle stage show
Some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions

Event Dates:
Coming Soon

Event Hours:
7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

Additional Information
Admission to this event requires a separate ticket.
*Please choose costumes that are not obstructive or offensive
Tickets valid only during specific dates and hours.
Entertainment is subject to change without notice.

And....

Returning Select Nights in 2008.

Dates, Times and Ticket Prices to come.

Event Overview:

Become a Pirate or Princess in the place where Dreams come true!

Guests will be immersed in a world of Pirates and Princesses with special entertainment, activities and more!

Once inside Guests will pick up an adventure map (event guide) and treasure pouch, and then embark on a quest for treasures throughout the Magic Kingdom Park.

Event Highlights:

Visit pirate coves and princess courts filled with treasures, immersive entertainment and character meet and greets.
Enjoy the exciting Disney's Enchanted Adventures parade and the Magic, Music and Mayhem Fireworks Spectacular, both presented exclusively during this special event.
If they wish (not required), Guests can come to the party wearing their favorite pirate or princess costume.
All of this, plus use of some of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions, will provide Guests of Disney's Pirate and Princess Party a night of adventure to remember and "treasure" forever.

Please Note:
Entertainment offerings subject to change without notice.

Itinerary
--No Information Available--

So, unfortunately, I am taking this with a grain of salt until it's officially posted somewhere on Disney owned and managed sites. Heh, I do trust you guys, but it just doesn't seem like sometime Disney would do....to hold back on their popular events.

FortheloveofStitch
10-14-2007, 08:25 AM
We contacted wdw info, and were told they had no info on dates, prices, tixket sales yet. It was almosta wink wink conversation. I felt pretty comfortable with the date we asked about.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-14-2007, 07:18 PM
And after checking again today with my leaders, we are supposed to have 35+ P&P parties alone next year.

Now, they can say how many parties they want even without giving the dates to correlate with them.

So unless there is a site/link for them, I'm going with what I know from work. And I'll update if I get anymore info.

WDWfanatic742
10-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the info CaptainJessicaSparrow :thumbsup:

Let us know when you get that information about those dates. Me and a couple of friends might be going sometime in April around our Grad Night for our last big time together before college and would maybe like to go to one of these. :cool:

Carol
10-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Excuse me all - but INTERCOT NEVER assumes.

These are the dates for April put out directly by Disney on the April calendar. No where did anyone say these were the ONLY dates being offered in 2008. This is the only month thus far that the dates have appeared on the released calendar. I'm sure the previous calendars will be updated by Disney soon with the other dates for January - March!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Yes I know Intercot never assumes but I've looked on the Offical Disney calender and it says nothing. It gives park hours, saying those nights close at 7 pm. But it doesn't specify why when you click on those dates.

I just looked again to see if the information was posted anywhere and when you click on those dates in the calender of WDW, it says:

Daily Schedule for April 1, 2008

Magic Kingdom® Park
Park Hours: 9:00am - 7:00pm

Special Events:
No Special Events Scheduled Today

Parades and Fireworks
Disney Dreams Come True Parade

3:00pm

OPERATIONAL UPDATES
There are no scheduled operational updates currently being performed at this park.

Daily Schedule for April 4, 2008

Magic Kingdom® Park

Special Events:

Parades and Fireworks

OPERATIONAL UPDATES
There are no scheduled operational updates currently being performed at this park

Daily Schedule for April 6, 2008

Magic Kingdom® Park

Special Events:

Parades and Fireworks

OPERATIONAL UPDATES
There are no scheduled operational updates currently being performed at this park.

Daily Schedule for April 16, 2008

Magic Kingdom® Park

Special Events:

Parades and Fireworks

OPERATIONAL UPDATES

Well, you get the point of what they are saying. I said the same thing for the 11th, 23rd, and 29th.

To compare for non-party dates, it says:

Daily Schedule for April 10, 2008

Magic Kingdom® Park
Park Hours: 9:00am - 11:00pm

Special Events:

Parades and Fireworks
SpectroMagic" Parade
9:00pm, 11:00pm
Wishes™ Nighttime Spectacular
10:00pm

OPERATIONAL UPDATES

I'm not saying those aren't going to be party nights, which if you look at the normal operating hours, it's pretty obvious they will most likely be. But like they always say, operating hours, entertainment and schedules are subject to change at any time. Can you PM a link to the exact information from Disney? Because no one from Intercot has done that yet and that way we can all get the information we are looking for. :)

Figment!
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
I saw under the events dates in 2008 for the party. I called Disney because I am interested in getting tickets for 4/16/08 and was told that dates for April 2008 have not been released yet? Not all official information is available to all divisions/agents of the company. Generally, Cast directly reachable by phone only have access to limited information.

Despite Operations setting the dates, tickets are not yet available, hence why you were not able to be helped with purchasing them.

As with all tickets, there will be an announcment of the Front Page of INTERCOT once they are available for purchase.

Are the dates on Intercot the dates for sure or just best guesses by park hours? All things Disney are subject to change, but everything posted in INTERCOT info Central was directly released by the Walt Disney World resort and was accurate at the time of publishing.

Below is the exact quote from Disney:

Pirates & Princess Events

April 1, 4, 6, 11, 16, 23, 29

TheRustyScupper
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
. . . it was a huge success this year . . .

1) Actually, they were major disappointments. *
2) The attendance was WAY BELOW budget projections.
3) There was even a question if they would continue in 2008.
4) Currently, they only have April scheduled.
5) We will have to see if they do ANY Jan-Feb-Mar dates.

* Disney sometimes thinks "if we hold it THEY will come" -or- "if we sell it THEY will buy". But, this is not always the case. As witness, there have been MANY posts on the web about low attendance and no crowds.

mermaidmarian
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
1) Actually, they were major disappointments. *
2) The attendance was WAY BELOW budget projections.
3) There was even a question if they would continue in 2008.
4) Currently, they only have April scheduled.
5) We will have to see if they do ANY Jan-Feb-Mar dates.

* Disney sometimes thinks "if we hold it THEY will come" -or- "if we sell it THEY will buy". But, this is not always the case. As witness, there have been MANY posts on the web about low attendance and no crowds.

Rusty -

I thought they had attributed the low numbers in January and February to weather and ran the August dates to test that theory. Do you know how well the later P&P parties performed? I thought it was a really fun event - I enjoyed it far more than I enjoyed the Christmas Party.

Carol
10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Can you PM a link to the exact information from Disney? No I cannot. It's a password protected site accessible only to registered Disney Media and Disney Travel. You must be registered with Walt Disney World Media - to which we are.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
PolyGirl, can you screencap the site with the listing then using the 'print screen' button and post it here then? To avoid giving out any confidental information, you can black out the information using the paint program.

Cause I have literally scoured every single official Disney website, Hub and Portal. And it lists every other event in April except P&P including Magic Music Days.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just can't find any information about this from Disney, even calling and other sites. I want to trust you guys, and I really do, but this is the one time in which you don't back the dates with a Disney site that confirms it.

I agree that these are going to be party nights just by looking at the schedule for park hours, but with everything at Disney, it's all subject to change. It would help those planning their vacations and trying to go to the P&P parties.

Personally, I can go anytime since you know....I live here and can go whenever they have them. :D

John
10-17-2007, 08:11 AM
PolyGirl, can you screencap the site with the listing then using the 'print screen' button and post it here then? To avoid giving out any confidental information, you can black out the information using the paint program.

Cause I have literally scoured every single official Disney website, Hub and Portal. And it lists every other event in April except P&P including Magic Music Days.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I just can't find any information about this from Disney, even calling and other sites. I want to trust you guys, and I really do, but this is the one time in which you don't back the dates with a Disney site that confirms it.

I agree that these are going to be party nights just by looking at the schedule for park hours, but with everything at Disney, it's all subject to change. It would help those planning their vacations and trying to go to the P&P parties.

Personally, I can go anytime since you know....I live here and can go whenever they have them. :D

How bout you just trust us. The information we give out comes from official sources and most likely - ones you are not privy to and we will not be posting "screen caps" of where this info comes from.

Either you believe or you don't. Simple as that. Folks who have been around here years know to trust the information we post.

End of story.

Disnamic Duo
10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Either you believe or you don't. Simple as that. Folks who have been around here years know to trust the information we post.

End of story.

Here, here! I've always found your information to be very accurate, and I appreciate it! It's great having a trustworthy source. And I'm sure it works this way because YOUR sources can trust you.

Keep up the great work Intercot!

Jenemmy
10-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, I for one would be THRILLED if one of these parties popped up in January while we are there! I'm just hangin' out here, cause I know Intercot will be the first to let me know if it happens.

A question though -- in the past, were these parties primarily on weekends? I scheduled my trip purposefully during the week so as to avoid extra weekend crowds.

Even if there isn't an official party, maybe I will go to the park one night as a Pirate Princess anyhow..... LOL

TheRustyScupper
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Rusty -I thought they had attributed the low numbers in January and February to weather and ran the August dates to test that theory. Do you know how well the later P&P parties performed? I thought it was a really fun event - I enjoyed it far more than I enjoyed the Christmas Party.

1) I also think it is a fun event - would like to see Feb-Mar parties.
2) And, they got better as they had more experience with them.
3) Overall, the attendance was still below estimates.
4) Reasons are usually "spin"
. . . if it is bad news, the spin is that it was causes outside of control
. . . if it is good news, the spin is that it was due to good planning

EDIT: During the lower attendance periods over the past few years, the blame was on outside issues. Now, with record attendance, there is a lot of back-slapping congratulating each other on the great management foresight. I have been in a couple of meetings, that were almost sickening from self-applause. However, no one wants to take credit for the mistakes/disasters of Disney-Paris, Disney-HongKong, Disney-CaliforniaAdventure, DisneyStores. These, of course, were plagued by outside sources and none of their fault.

Donalds Duckie
10-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if they are selling tickets for the April P&P Parties yet? I checked wdw dot com yesterday and it still listed 2008 P&P dates to be announced. We will want to attend April 23 Party.

Our 180 day dining window opens tomorrow, I think I would love to be able to purchase 4/23/08 P&P Party tickets when I call to make our ADRs!

Thanks so much!

WDWfanatic742
10-21-2007, 12:16 PM
As far as I know, there still haven't been any dates been posted to the public that are available to purchase. As soon as the dates that we have posted in this thread do go on sale, expect someone to post something about it.

Donalds Duckie
10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
As far as I know, there still haven't been any dates been posted to the public that are available to purchase. As soon as the dates that we have posted in this thread do go on sale, expect someone to post something about it.

I'll keep an eye out! Thank you Intercot for posting this information.:thumbsup: We were VERY happy to know that there will be a P&P Party offered for our trip!

Bethis26fan
10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
woo whoo I'm going to shoot for the April 11th for a long weekend. This is just what I need to talk my roommate/cousin into going with me and taking her nephew. He's a 3 year old rocker pirate. lol

Do adults dress up for these too?

youngOx96
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Aside from Rusty's comments, I have only heard positive things about the P&P parties - maybe I haven't been listening to the right people.

Anyway, I've heard that the fireworks alone are worth the price of admission. Well, here's hoping Disney decides to have a P&P during the weekend of 01/19 - 01/20 (my next trip).:D

Figment!
10-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Moderator Note

New information available in Tickets Now Available for Some 2008 Pirate and Princess Party Dates. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119328)

Please follow along there.

Thank you.

amorillo
10-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Another Disney site (:blush:) has dates listed for Jan. thru March...... Any news on whether these dates may be true?

I've got my :fingers: that there will be a :pirate: & :princess: party on Groundhog's day!!!!