PDA

View Full Version : Hopeless?

emerzmom
10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
We are planning a trip to WDW the week of Thanksgiving (my favorite time at Disney!) I just kept putting off making ADR's because we weren't quite sure of what days we wanted to go to each park. I have called several times now in the past week and can't seem to get ADR's for almost anything decent most of the week. 50's Prime Time Diner is booked the entire week??? I did get O'hana for my birthday :party:
Is there any hope that some times will open up? Is there any chance of getting into some places as a "walk in"? I have never been to WDW when I couldn't get an ADR for almost an entire week at most of the resturants. Is the Dining Plan effecting this?
Any thoughts? Any advice?:confused:

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
I think this is one of those times that you are going to have to try and try again with phone call after phone call. Things do open up. Myself and many others on this board have been pleasantly surprised to have things open up! We are coming Thanksgiving week too. We made our ADR's at 180 days out, but then, this past week, we made some changes due to adding an extra day. We did get those new ADR's too. Keep trying!

illini
10-13-2007, 12:26 AM
If you are on the DDP or are just really intent on having table service meals, you need to keep calling. I wouldn't chance a walk up during Thanksgiving week. Things *will* open up. Hopefully people will start firming up their plans as we get closer and thus start cancelling their ADRs. You may not get your first choices, but you will probably find enough pleasant places to eat.
I tried to change some ADRs two or three weeks ago (I'm going the week before Tgiving), and we're now having dinner at 3:45. Or, as my kids would say, lunner. You just have to be flexible!

#1Dduckfan
10-13-2007, 04:50 PM
We went during Thanksgiving last year and the chances of getting a walk up during that time is slim to none. We had our ADR's already and people got turned away from every restaurant we were at. I would try calling regularly because things will open up. I actually managed to secure a reservation at CRT last year 3 weeks before we left for the Thanksgiving trip. Believe me, I still don't know how that happened.

Good luck and keep trying.:mickey:

jpH/keD
10-13-2007, 05:26 PM
We are going that week also! I have cancelled all the extra ADR's that we are not using except one set! We had to add one person to all of ours and have not been able to add to that one. So I am hoping since I have a trade to offer they will help me out! But I can tell you maybe others are going to cancel some extras too and you can get lucky! Keep trying til you leave! It was hard for me but we did it too! :thumbsup: Have a great trip!