PDA

View Full Version : The Days Just Before!!!

MrPeetrie
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Just three days and 15 hours until we leave for our next Disney trip. My DD is four and is the PERFECT age for this trip. DW and I are so excited. I almost think these days are even more exciting than the trip. I have the next few days planned. What do you do prior to leaving?

Vintage Disney
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Have fun! :fworks:

We leave soon too! I have my checklist of everything that needs to be accomplished in my "real life" before I leave to escape the "real world". I pretty much have everything checked off the list so now I am getting antsy to pack the suitcase and leave! To fill the time I am reading trip reports and listening to Disney music. :mickey:

wedway76
10-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Several weeks before we go my DW starts accumulating her new WDW wardrobe, just in case we run into someone that was there on our last trip and might have already seen one of last year’s outfits.

I take the same old clothes out of the closet that I’ve worn on our lat seven trips, and stack them next to the suitcase.

We try to get completely packed and everything ready to go by mid day on the day prior to leaving. Then we always go out to dinner at the same Diner in town. Then early to bed. The next morning all we need to do is dress and go.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Have a great trip!!!
:mickey:

I clean the house right up until we leave. :mop::dishes: I hate coming home to a messy house and friends of ours care for our dogs.

So....its a cleaning marathon for the days prior to our trip with a little packing and double checking everything thrown in.

#1donaldfan
10-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Just days before we get ALL we're taking together, not exactly packed, but ready. We make arrangements for the pets and clean the vehicle really good. That's about the only time during the year we clean it that good, the rest of the year there is just too little time. The night before, our kids prepare for a "long" night, since we drive for approx 12 hours they want to sleep most of it. We check and re-check everything at the house and finally roll out, normally around 3 am. It's a pretty simple process, as long as we have our clothes, a few snacks, some money, locked house, that's about all we do.

CandleontheWater
10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
We leave in just a few days too, whoopee! I'm concentrating on typing up our itinerary, yup I'm that much of dork, and trying not to get too over the top excited. I do have to function at work next week, and with a Disney trip looming, it gets pretty tough!

AdventurerKim
10-13-2007, 09:48 AM
The weekend before the trip we shop for travel items we need, and we get anxious when it gets to be a week or less until we get to WDW. We clean up since usually someone will be coming over to take care of the cat or will stay here to take care of him, but I too hate coming home to a messy house. I do laundry two days before we leave, we pack the day before and always go out to eat that night. We usually leave in the evenings or at night, so once my DH gets home from work, we're off to the airport.

emerzmom
10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
We leave in 34 days:tink:
I think the time planning, preparing, and anticpating is just another part of the magic of the vacation :magic:
Usually the few days before we leave I do most of the things already mentioned like get my "real life" in order so I can leave it all behind (work stuff, clean house, pack as much ahead of time as possible, etc).
I also get on Intercot a lot. I read all the Trip Reports, check the WDW weather forcast, post a "It's only ____ more days and hours until I leave...yipeee", ask a last minute question on the Vacation Planning section...Intercot people seem to understand those last few days of planning and excitement just before your vacation begins. :rocks:
I also make little cards and notes for my daughter (from Mickey). The cards usually say something like "Only ____ days until we see each other again. I can't wait! Love Mickey" or "Hurry Up and get here already. I miss you. Love Mickey" She is 17 yrs old this year and I almost thought she might be too old for this sort of thing but she asked me the other day if I thought Mickey might write to her again before this trip...it's nice to see my "little Disney Princess" every now and then. :princess: That's Disney Magic :magic:
I can never sleep the night before my trip. I have the parks, the reservations, packing lists, to do lists, etc...swirling through my head so much it is usually impossible to get much sleep. Then I usually get up, make some coffee, and get on Intercot one last time :mickey:

MrPeetrie
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Everyone is just like me. I, too, believe the prepping and planning is PART of the Magic. On the day before we leave, I'm setting my crew up on the job site than leaving early. I'm spending the rest of the day with my wife and DD4. We're going to get our traveler's cheques, have a nice dinner, then go somewhere else for our chocolate fondue dessert. Then, we'll go to the mall and hit the Disney Store for some pre-Disney shopping. (Just a note: my wife says I always say 'Yes' this day to any purchases!) When we come home, we'll probably watch some saved Travel Channel Disney shows. Then, I'll tell my daughter a story and it's on to bed! I can't wait. Just two more days!!!
:number1: