PDA

View Full Version : Very Merry Xmas party question.

kbean
10-12-2007, 04:04 PM
I would like to go to a Very Merry Xmas party, but mainly more to ride rides and see the Xmas decorations and skip most of the shows and parades. Can someone tell me if there are long waits or are people catching the shows?

Thanks

LoriMistress
10-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Depending on the date of when you're going, mainly the lines are non existence to 15 minute waits, the majority of the time. Though, the closer you the final week of MVMCP, the crowds will grow increasingly. Though, the final MVMCP 12/21 will be sold out before the party starts.

chrisb26
10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
It really does depend when you go. I went last year at the beginning of December it was a kind of cool night and non of the rides had any lines at all. We maybe waited 5 minutes maximum for some rides. It was great we usually can't do all we want because of the lines that MK has but we where able to ride all the rides as well as see the parade and fireworks. It's a great event!

kbean
10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys, you helped make my mind up.

WishingStar2006
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM
We have tickets for the last party on 12/21 and we are anticipating that it will be crowded but no where near as crowded as the park will be during non party hours....which is why we decided to spend the $$$.

We attended the Pirates and Princess Party in August, again because of the crowds and because it looked like SO MUCH FUN! We had a great time and the lines were immediate walk on to 5 minutes....we got to do the rides we NEVER wait for during normal days....Peter Pan, Snow White...those rides with forever endless lines and no fast pass available. And I am not a big parade or fireworks person but let me tell you, they were WONDERFUL during Priates and Princess Party and I can imagine that Christmas will be that much better.

Have a great time!

kakn7294
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
We went in early Dec last year and found that it was more crowded than I expected but that the rides had minimal waits as most people wanted to see the shows, parade, and fireworks. Main Street and the Castle hub areas were a mad house all night!

tiaramom
10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Went In Nov
No Lines At Any Rides At All!
Sooooooooooooo Cool!
You Gotta Check Out The Show Though..
Its Great! Puts You In The Xmas Mood.

Sweezy
10-12-2007, 06:46 PM
as others have said the november events indeed have lower attendance and would of course have shorter lines/crowds for shows, etc. weve been going to the last event for the past few years bc of our schedules, and theyre alot more crowded, although still reasonable enough. I really think theyve increased the limit on tickets though, as it seems like they always used to sell out quite early (~september) and were more like e-ride night crowds.

scootch713
10-12-2007, 07:47 PM
The shows and parades are pretty cool though, might want to try to catch some late ones.