PDA

View Full Version : Please Help the Acronym-Challenged Newbie

EJS-Houston
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
As a relative newcomer here, I've managed to figure out what most of the acronyms mean...but I keep reading references to DHs, DSs, DDs and from their context I'm gathering that people are referring to people in their families, but I'm not sure. Can someone help me out and clue me in? :confused:

Jenemmy
10-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Dear Husband, Son, Daughter....respectively :mickey: At least that's what I've always thought it meant :D

ariel03
10-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) this will help you figure things out better. :mickey:

EJS-Houston
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Dear Husband, Son, Daughter....respectively :mickey: At least that's what I've always thought it meant :D

Gotcha. That makes sense. Thanks for that!

EJS-Houston
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp) this will help you figure things out better. :mickey:

WOW! Talk about a comprehensive acronym glossary! Thanks for that! I've got remember where that so I can refer back to it rather than wracking my brains trying to figure out some of those acronyms on my own.

ariel03
10-12-2007, 07:07 PM
When I first started out here I printed the page out as I needed to keep looking at it to understand everyone. Now I'm well versed in this forgien language. :mickey:

Jenemmy
10-12-2007, 07:16 PM
When I first started out here I printed the page out as I needed to keep looking at it to understand everyone. Now I'm well versed in this forgien language. :mickey:

LOL -- do you find that you start using Disney acronyms in real life conversations?? I do it. My husband will just stare at me like I'm from some obscure country where language has yet to develop......

ariel03
10-12-2007, 07:31 PM
LOL Yea, I have to catch myself when I am refering to DH that I call him my Husband Not my Dear Husband. :crazy:

aurora, ariel, and bell
10-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Ok, that is funny, i have always been translating DH as Disney Husband, DW Disney wife etc....guess you know where my mind is!!:D

kim1st
10-12-2007, 09:15 PM

IMHO - this was really helpful...I've been trying to figure THAT one out for a while now!!! :blush:

Jenemmy
10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok, that is funny, i have always been translating DH as Disney Husband, DW Disney wife etc....guess you know where my mind is!!:D

Makes perfect sense to me -- In fact, I think I like it better :thumbsup::mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-13-2007, 12:40 AM

Yeppers, me too. I've always thought it was Disney Husband, etc.

pixiesmimi
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
It has taken me a while to catch to some of them too but I think I have most of them now. It reminds me when seeing the acronyms of what my DH said the other night. We were talking about having phones that you can text on and he said "Did you know they have a language for texting?" :funny: I asked him where he had been for the last two or three years. :D He would really have a problem reading these messages.

kim1st
10-14-2007, 07:23 AM
We were talking about having phones that you can text on and he said "Did you know they have a language for texting?" :funny: I asked him where he had been for the last two or three years. :D

ROTFL

:rotfl:

DisneyFreak23
10-14-2007, 02:07 PM

ditto :mickey:

EPCOT84
10-14-2007, 04:06 PM

:ditto:

Thank you EJS-Houston for starting this thread and thank you ariel03 for the glossary link. :search:

ariel03
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
You all are welcome. :thumbsup:
Remember if you are looking for answers be sure to check out the Info Central tap up top.

martinfamily5
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM

Me too.:D

EJS-Houston
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
:ditto:

Thank you EJS-Houston for starting this thread and thank you ariel03 for the glossary link. :search:

My pleasure EPCOT! I'm SO enjoying this site!

mizzoumouse
10-15-2007, 08:01 PM
On other message boards, they use DH, DD, DS for Dear Husband, Daughter Son....
Our kids are Irish dancers and on the Irish Dance Message Board, DD, DS translates to Dancing Daughter and Dancing Son.
So I guess here Disney Husband, Daugher, Wife, Son works perfectly!!!

41 days and counting!!!:mickey:

poeticeclipse
10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I've always known that it was "Dear ____" but I like to say in my head "Disney ______."

I'm officially a lunatic.

EJS-Houston
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
I've always known that it was "Dear ____" but I like to say in my head "Disney ______."

I'm officially a lunatic.

Welcome to The Bin!:silly:

DisneyFreak23
10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Welcome to The Bin!:silly:

I second that! :D