PDA

View Full Version : NMBC attraction?

Goofy Pluto
10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone see the article on Jim Hill's website today about a Nightmare Before Christmas attraction, a dark ride!, at Disney Studios? (I had to remember that it's not MGM anymore!) Anyone know anything about this or any other info? I'm so excited about this possibility! I love NMBC and would have to plan another trip down there if this did happen! :jack:

xipetotec
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I haven't read/heard about it, but I have to concur, I would HAVE to travel down JUST for this!

mcjaco
10-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I take most things Jim Hill writes about with a grain of salt. He leaves things so open ended he can always go back and say "see, I was right" or if he's wrong, "I never really said that."

No one, except the people within Disney, really know what's in store. That's the bottom line.

lockedoutlogic
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I would find any truth to a rumor stating that they would build a ride based on a 15 year cult animation movie that never really appealed to children anyway higly unlikely....

try saying that 5 times quickly...:blush:

Crow
10-16-2007, 09:42 PM
i read it & would love for that to happen:thumbsup:
always wanted the NBC overlay on HM to happen at WDW. They do have merchandise in a few diff places now. and the NBC 3D movie is opening again this friday

JPL
10-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I take most things Jim Hill writes about with a grain of salt.

:ditto:

Except make mine a very very very small grain of salt ;)

PirateLover
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
I would find any truth to a rumor stating that they would build a ride based on a 15 year cult animation movie that never really appealed to children anyway higly unlikely....

try saying that 5 times quickly...:blush:

Hmm...This movie came out when I was in 3rd or 4th grade... and myself and all of my friends loved it. I guess maybe the younger set might be frightened by it, but it was and still is huge with my generation and with the re-releases it is becoming more widely known by subsequent generations. And given the popularity of Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland... a D ticket Nightmare attraction doesn't seem far fetched at all to me.

lockedoutlogic
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Hmm...This movie came out when I was in 3rd or 4th grade... and myself and all of my friends loved it. I guess maybe the younger set might be frightened by it, but it was and still is huge with my generation and with the re-releases it is becoming more widely known by subsequent generations. And given the popularity of Haunted Mansion Holiday in Disneyland... a D ticket Nightmare attraction doesn't seem far fetched at all to me.

Hmmm...the movie has maintained a good cult following....

but disney has never really been a cult following kind of operation....they live and die with attacking the mainstream for the most part.

A ride based on the movie may do very well...and i would applaud them for taking an older piece of material and using it in a disney park...but i don't think they'll do it.

Their rides, movies, tv shows...are all designed with the cross sell in mind. Merchandising, ice shows, video, broadway, tv spinoffs...and i don't think they would sink would probably amounts to a 100 million dollar investment in something that isn't a disney "brand" and wouldn't result in any kinda collaboration with new material....

I would think the lucasland rumors are more likely...given that lucas took a hit in the pride with the lukewarm fan support of his last 3 movies (basically tainting the greatest thing in pop culture since the beatles broke up) and his new desire to go small screen with syndicated type shows and cartoons....the new indy movie (if decent...which it should be because I trust in Frank Marshall and Speilberg...not so much Lucas) will also breath new life into lucas interest.

The nightmare ride is probably a great idea...I just don't see Disney pulling the trigger on it....

I would expect a major addition to MGM to be announced in the next year to build momentum on the midway mania opening....

kitty17794
10-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Sorry, I doubt this is going to happen.

My main reason being: the location he said that was slated for it...where the Hunchback Theater used to be... they are turning into another 'street' for Streets Of America. AKA: they are making the street bigger for the new parade, so they are cutting everything possible out of the way. There's no WAY a RIDE is going into that spot. :)

The other reason is...Nightmare isn't popular enough with the kids or general public.