PDA

View Full Version : Penny Arcades

ShelbyAD
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Does the MK still have the Penny Arcades?

amorillo
10-11-2007, 07:13 PM
Unfortunately, no! Gone... to make way for gift shops! :thedolls: I was sad to see them gone. You can still find a couple of the machines (the ones that play a short movie) scattered throughout the gift shop though.

Patricia
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Sadly they have been gone since 1995.
Some of the moving picture show machines went to the train station, but that was under construction last year, so I'm not sure if they are still in there.

You can find some of the sports themed game machines in the Main Street Athletic Company and Casey's Corner.

jkj1224
10-11-2007, 10:11 PM
the machines that were in the train station are still there. :)

LovinWDW
10-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Some of the resorts have great arcades, CBR and BC are two that come to mind. However, you'll need more than pennies to have a good time. :thumbsup:

14 more days! :)

dumbo ears
10-11-2007, 10:43 PM
they are gone.

Von-Drake
10-12-2007, 07:32 AM
I have to admit I have not thought about the penny arcade in years, but it is kinds of sad for it to be gone. A lot of fun in there as a child when we went.

Main Street Jim
10-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Sadly they have been gone since 1995.
Some of the moving picture show machines went to the train station, but that was under construction last year, so I'm not sure if they are still in there.

Yeah, the Penny Arcade and the Magic Shop all made way for the Emporium expansion in the mid-1990s. The train station was under a rehab two years ago (summer-fall of 2005), but the nickelodeons are still there, along with the coin-operated music machine. The movie machines didn't hardly work at all while I was working there, and I called them things in almost every day to get fixed. I'm not sure if they ever fixed 'em :-\

Maleficent's Dad
10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
There are also two of the movie machines at the BW resort - just off the lobby heading towards the Inn side. :mickey:

Exo
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
No :( I miss them dearly. :confused:

JohnHMCWYG
10-15-2007, 01:07 PM
I miss the Penny Arcade also. It was fun looking at all the old machines. I also recall that there was a screen playing old Disney movies. I know that there was already one in the Tony's area, but I seem to recall that there was another in the Penny Arcade. Am I imagining things, or was there a screen that played cartoons there?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

BronxTigger
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
I miss the Penny Arcade also. It was fun looking at all the old machines. I also recall that there was a screen playing old Disney movies. I know that there was already one in the Tony's area, but I seem to recall that there was another in the Penny Arcade. Am I imagining things, or was there a screen that played cartoons there?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

The screen is in the Exposition Hall, kind of behind Tony's restaurant. It plays a loop of 3 old cartoons: Steamboat Willie, and 2 others that are milestones in Disney animation.

JohnHMCWYG
10-16-2007, 01:01 AM
The screen is in the Exposition Hall, kind of behind Tony's restaurant. It plays a loop of 3 old cartoons: Steamboat Willie, and 2 others that are milestones in Disney animation.

Thank you! I forgot what it was called. For me, it's one of those small treasures you find in the Magic Kingdom. It's cool to see those shorts and the set-up is great as well. I'll have to visit it again next year.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff