PDA

View Full Version : Which land do you do first and why?

kbean
10-11-2007, 05:46 PM
At the MK, which land do you like to choose first and why. I usually start in Adventureland. It seems that everybody heads to tomorrowland and fantasyland first.

PlutoLover
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
My first visit to MK per trip I ALWAYS head to Tomorrowland first and go straight to Space Mountain.

When I revisit this park I normally head to Adventureland first for lesser crowds.

I'm going back in December and I think this time I'm going to do Main St first then of course Space Mountain :woohoo: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

EJS-Houston
10-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Well...first we do Magic Kingdom before the other 3 because of its nostalgic value and so that the old imagineering on display there doesn't suffer by comparison with the newer more dazzling effects on display in the newer parks. When we get to the Magic Kingdom we tend to head toward Liberty Square to do the Haunted Mansion (and that'll hold especially true next month when we go to see the new HM overhaul). After that, it's Adventureland for Pirates of the Carribbean and then Tomorrowland for Space Mountain.

chrisb26
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
We always start with Tomorrowland First. Not sure exactly there isn't a special reason or anything we just decide to go there first :D

DisneyTwirler13!
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
we normally go to the land that has the ride we want to go on first

IloveDisney71
10-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Depending on our mood, we either head to Tomorrow land to ride Space Mt. OR we will head to A.L. to ride Splash Mt. and BTMRR. I don't think you can go wrong - there's plenty to do no matter where you go. :mickey:

jpH/keD
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
The last time we went we headed towards the Dumbo ride and the line was already painfully long!!!!!! So this time we will go straight to Toon Town to see the Princesses and Mickey in the tent!!!! We have 3 days planned for MK and one first will be Ariel's grotto. We are kinda character fanatics! :mickey:

amorillo
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
depends on whose turn it is to pick the first ride! Either we're headed to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain or Liberty Square for the Haunted Mansion!!!

Sinewiz
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Always seem to head right to Tomorrowland first but I have no idea why.

mttafire
10-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Now that the next time we go to Disney we will have kids with us.....FANTASYLAND!:mickey:

Patricia
10-11-2007, 07:30 PM
I seem to always head into Adventureland. I love the background music in there and once I get to Pirates, I know I've arrived.

Arg! :pirate:

Mickeydream
10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Here's our plan....We will be arriving at WDW about noon on Nov. 21. After an afternoon of homework and swimming we have an ADR at Chef Mickey's. During dinner we plan to let the girls pick 2 rides in MK that they want to visit that night... so time will tell. We will be visiting MK 2 other full days so will eventually get to all of them. If it was up to me, I'd choose Peter Pan in Fantasyland...just love that little guy! :mickey:

baldburke
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
We usually head straight to Fantasyland for the kids.

:princess::princess::prince:

momof3+twins
10-11-2007, 08:23 PM
We always head to Fantasyland first. We do this for a few reasons:
Because it is my all time favorite place in all of Disney World. It brings back all of my childhood memories and I love to watch my kids experience all my old time favorites.

And we also like to get these rides done first to decrease our wait time. Then we head to Haunted Mansion, the Pirates, and Buzz. :)

I can't wait to go back!!

GrmGrninGost
10-11-2007, 08:27 PM
We always go to Fantasyland first! To me it is WDW! That is the place where the magic is stored! Our first ride is always Small World! I can't wait to go again! :mickey:

darth daddy
10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
We always go to Fantasyland first since we have 3 young kids.

mickey&missy
10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
We do Fantasyland first. We have little ones and it makes for a magicial start!!

Only 148 days to go!!

Polynesian Dweller
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Our first ride on every trip is almost always POTC so Adventureland first. (and the next time is 1 day 14 hours away!!) :yay: On subsequent trips to the park during our stay it will be whatever land has the ride we want to do.

jrpersinger
10-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Fantasyland for some PhilharMagic! :tink:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Adventureland first for us.

POTC is our family's first ride in MK. :thumbsup:

LovinWDW
10-11-2007, 10:29 PM
for the past 5 years and most likely the next 5 years we have and will head to fantasy land. Why you ask.... We have 2 DD's, one is 5 and the other is 6 months. In 2 weeks the 6 month old will be making her first trip to the kingdom, but not her last!:thumbsup:

14 more days :)

dumbo ears
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
It all depends. If the crowds are bad I start in adventureland. If they aren't that bad ill start in liberty square.I have never started in tomorrowland, I like that land better at night so thats when I go there.

goofysbabe
10-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Adventureland - Just because the books tell us to go that way - :haha: We just seem to head off that way. My kids love Splash Mtn & PoTC and HM.

martinfamily5
10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
We head to Adventure Land first. Same reason as Googysbabe, the book told us to. Also, I am a leftie and tend to head to the left always. (Only 7 days and 7 hours:D)

pixiegoose
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I'd say we usually head to Adventureland first, for Pirates. :pirate: However, on this last trip we headed to Liberty Square first because we really wanted to see the Haunted Mansion updates. :hmghost:

wedway76
10-12-2007, 10:25 AM
If I were calling the shots it would be Adventureland, but DS loves Space Mountain. We go to Tomorrowland first. If the SM standby line is short I will walk back to Buzz and get FastPasses, and we will ride SM standby. If SM standby is long we will FastPass SM and ride Buzz standby.

Momof2boys
10-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I think the majority of the time we head towards Adventureland - unless we're coming in the park at night - then we head towards Tomorrowland.

Hayden's Dad
10-12-2007, 12:47 PM
I know this will come as a shock but I would have to say I like the idea of Ariel's Grotto until Toon Town opens, but we have breakfast reservations everyday so the first place we will be headed is to CINDERELLA'S CASTLE :D

#1donaldfan
10-12-2007, 12:51 PM
We tend to go counter clockwise in each park...don't know why, it's just one of those things we do...

Sweezy
10-12-2007, 02:16 PM
if i get my way, we typically head to tomorrowland first. the thing is, we normally only go to MK once/year, and thats for MVMCP. so, when we enter the park at lets say, 5 or 6, there really isnt a general populous entering the park with us...meaning tomorrowland isnt the mob scene it would be after the morning opening of the park. either way, Space Mountain is my favorite ride and i just love being in tomorrowland regardless.

mouseketeer mom
10-12-2007, 03:01 PM
ADVENTURELAND!!!!!!
Pirates is always the first ride for us! Then we know we have arrived:mickey:

diz_girl
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
I also like to start at Adventureland. My past two trips were during slow times of the year, so I wasn't worried about long lines and the need for Fastpasses. This past time I was pregnant, so I couldn't ride on SM, SplM, BTMRR, etc. anyway. I only used a Fastpass on Peter Pan.

Adventureland seems less 'in your face' than the rest of the lands, with the exception of Liberty Square, so it's the easiest to handle first thing in the morning. Plus I love PoTC.

By the way, if you're wondering why you go to Tomorrowland first and then counter-clockwise around the parks, then you're most likely right-handed. The books tell you to to go clockwise because most people are right-handed and go to the right when they enter the parks - and then travel counter-clockwise. Of course, SM is a big allure.

Von-Drake
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
We usually start in Adventureland and work clockwise around the park. Last time however, we went straight for Peter Pan... my son's current favorite movie.

PrincessASquared
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
DD (5) loves Dumbo.:dumbo: Fantasyland is always our first stop of the day.:mickey:

TBY2225
10-12-2007, 03:42 PM
My kids are 2 and 5 so, we start in Fantasyland!

tiaramom
10-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Fantastyland
Once Im Here - I Know Im At Disney
Its A Small World
( Need I Say More)

I Sing That Song To Sleep
Lol!

EPCOT84
10-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Adventureland,:lei: both at DL and MK, oh and even TDL; didn't really think about why before reading this thread. :scratch:

I read above others who said a book tells them to. What was the book's reason? Less crowded? Easier to handle? That was how Uncle Walt wanted the experience to unfold?:mickey:

Its always been counter-clockwise, taking in the lush jungle/tropical atmosphere first seems refreshing. :tiptoe:Then moving to New Orleans Square in DL, Frontierland and Liberty Square in MK, seems more city / land interlude, before engaging in the colorful charm of Fantasyland and the smaller side lands at each park and then the clean concrete and steel of Tomorrowland ending the day in Tomorrowland. Having a burger, fries and a coke toward the end of the day at the old Tomorrowland Terrace at both parks, was a tradition. :eat::eat:. Then at the close of the day, shopping the Main Street Emporium was a must :wave:

AdventurerKim
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
We do Tomorrowland if we ride Buzz first so we can ride until the line is too long or Fantasyland if Dumbo is the first ride of the day and then head to Buzz. :mickey:

pink
10-13-2007, 12:25 PM
We always go to Tomorrowland first, and our first ride is always Buzz Lightyear.

Every year when we walk into the park we always say "Where do you want to go first" but we all know anyways. I don't even know why they ask. LOL :mickey:

Figaro
10-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Hmm.... Interesting question. I seem to head to Adventure Land a lot, but every once in a while, I'll head to Tomorrowland first! Usally depending on what time I get to the park will decide. If it's afternoon, it's a hop to Splash, a skip to Thunder, and a jump to Space :thumbsup: Beating the lines at chow time! :secret:

LibertyTreeGal
10-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Adventureland, I have it all planned out that I get my boys to Fronteirland at 10am to be the first in line to see Woddy and Jessie

Exo
10-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Tomorrowland. COP (if its open) then SM! Woo Hoo! :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
10-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I tend to always go to Tomorrowland first because I want to ride Space Mountain as soon as possible :coaster:

WDWfanatic742
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
We always seem to go through Adventureland and go to Frontierland first to go on the two mountains over there. Then we go back to Adventureland and start the walk clockwise.

Earnhardt321
10-14-2007, 12:18 AM
We usually end up doing Adventure Land first. POTC is the big draw there. That is the only way to start a trip!!

hockeymom
10-14-2007, 05:01 AM
We go down Main Street and onto Space Mountain. Love that first rush on that ride.

amd780
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
We head to Adventureland first for POTC! :pirate:

delusionalstitch
10-14-2007, 11:13 AM
We generally bolt back to Liberty Square and hit HM.

kimommy63
10-14-2007, 12:13 PM
:mickey: You know, we don't deliberately go in any particular direction. We're pretty spontaneous the first day of the trip. I think whoever is the most excited about a particular attraction pulls the rest of us along in their wake! And it's not always the kid...:blush:

kbean
10-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I love PhilharMagic!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
At the MK, which land do you like to choose first and why. I usually start in Adventureland. It seems that everybody heads to tomorrowland and fantasyland first.
:cool: I remember someone saying that everyone's natural inclination is to turn right which would make most go to Tomorrowland. Next visit we are spending three days in Magic Kingdom and plan on targeting one land on each visit so as to get on everything

ChipnDaleGal
10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
It depends on time of day that we are arriving, but whenever possible we like to head straight to Tomorrowland and hop on the TTA! We like it to be our first and last ride of the trip. :mickey:

darthmacho
10-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Pre-kids: Straight to Tomorrowland for Space Mountain while lines are fairly short.

Since-kids: Straight to Fantasyland to ride Dumbo before the lines get too long!

Figgyluv03
10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Adventureland first! Dont' know why, but I've just always migrated that way first.

Marker
10-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't have a usual. I don't really think I know where I'm going until I get there. I think over the years I've probably gone down every spoke from the hub when I first entered. And in September, I didn't go to the hub, I got on the train and got off in Toontown.

I also don't have a first park for each visit. I guess it all depends on what day, what time, where our ADRs are, where the EMHs are, and what I feel like at the moment.

gerald72
10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
From my experiences, most of the guests start off on Main Street USA (just kidding)

Actually, the three most recent times I went, I started off in a different land- Fantasyland, Tommorowland, and Adventureland.

xoHelloKittyox
10-29-2007, 06:43 PM
TOMORROWLAND!

B/c when we go Adventure land opens a hour after the rest of the park. plus for some reason thats just how it's always been! I've found that it's a good place to start too, by the time we hit adventureland it's time to go watch spectromagic! and wheres the best place to watch spector magic? infront of the shootin arcade right before you get to splash moutian!!!

:cloud9:I miss it so much!

rt207
10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
We've always headed to Adventureland first, but next trip I'll have my 1 year old with me for his first trip, so probably Fantasyland this time.

Mrs.Mya
10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
In MK, we always veer left. I don't know if it is POTC that makes us go that way, but.......now that I think of it, we head left (clockwise) in every single park. :D

mac badger
10-31-2007, 03:30 PM
i dont have a set land i go to-sometimes fronteirland, sometimes adventureland, sometimes fantasyland. but i never, EVER, have gone to tommorowland first. from the first time i went as a kid in the 70s, my family just never went to tommorowland first. its not intentional, my feet just dont go that way out of habit:mickey: