PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Performers Question...

Disdad13
10-11-2007, 12:52 PM
We just returned from a wonderful 10-day trip a few weeks ago. While we were there, we were lucky enought to take in the Hoop Dee Doo Revue for the first time. My family thoroughly enjoyed it. For those of you who have been multiple times, how often (if ever) do they change the show as far as the songs they sing, etc.? What about the performers? The ones the night we were there were exceptional. Do they change often? When they do change, do they replace the entire cast, or replace individually as needed. These are "just curious" questions. Any input would be welcome. Thanks!

SgtTigger
10-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I have been a few times over the years..... The cast has been different but not the show.... some times one or two of the cast had changed.
Now remember every show is different but the main show stays the same... I have enjoyed it every time though.

:cop: :tigger:

Maleficent's Dad
10-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Over the years, we've been to the HDDR many times. The show itself never changes. (There may be a small adlib here and there, but it's minor, not really noticeable.)

The cast does change, although not too frequently. We've never seen a bad cast - EVER.

Sometimes Sixpence steals the show, other times it's that blonde (Dolly?). Either way, they're usually the best on the stage.

DizneyRox
10-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Well, actually, there are some seasonal changes, especially around Xmas. But like everyone else said, for the most part, the show is the same. I think the food has changed more than the show if anything else.

The cast is fairly stable from what I remember. There used to be a really good sixpence a few years back, but I havne't seen him in a while. The red head has been there a while and I think Dolly as well. The "younger" cast seems to rotate a little more.

Jared
10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't think the show has changed in 30 years. Fortunately, the performers have. I wouldn't want an old lady trying dance around the stage.

;)

Disdad13
10-12-2007, 11:02 AM
This was our first time seeing the show, so I have nothing to compare to, but Sixpence was great this time. He and (Dolly?) the girl in the purple dress stole the show for sure. They were great!