PDA

View Full Version : Book Reviews of The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak

animalkingdomguy
10-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I am interested in the new book by Jason Surrell titled The Disney Mountains: Imagineering At Its Peak . I have two other books by this author one on the Haunted Mansion and the other regarding Pirates of the Carribean. The reviews for this latest book at Amazon have been less than flattering. If any Intercotees have read this book or looked through it I would be grateful for your opinion.

Diznee4Me
10-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Finished the book in a matter of a couple of days right after I received it. Goes in sequence from the first mountain - the Matterhorn - thru Expedition: Everest. Lot's of information on the building of each mountain, the development process and alternate ideas that never quite made it off the drawing board.

Some of the info is a little rehashed. Read about most of the mountains in another Imagineering book but this book acummulates all of the info on the mountains in one spot making it easier to see the way the rides and themes grew over the years. Lot's of great photos and drawings. I definately thought it was worth the price.:thumbsup:

brownie
10-11-2007, 09:33 AM
It's a quick read but a very good book. It delves a little into the psychology of the mountains, and despite that some of the information has been covered in other places, it does bring out new information and gives you a good look at the evolution of the Disney mountains, both as a group and as individual mountains (design to finish). I wasn't disappointed in the book, and enjoyed it.

animalkingdomguy
10-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Thank you. I appreciate your opinions.