PDA

View Full Version : Disney Clothes: Does anyone wear them?

Imagineer1981
10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
I am proud to say I have a mickey football and donald hockey jersey that I wear at WDW when I go during the cooler months, however does anyone ever wear them outside the parks? I admit I will not wear them at home.

For that matter, how many people wear Disney park apparel in public at home?

BugeyedMuggy
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I wear my sorin' & wine & food fest tees at home, even out in public.

DNS
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
I wear them a lot. At home and in public. So many conversations have been sparked by a character on my shirt. I mostly wear character tops, not so much WDW stuff.

mousetrapper
10-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I wear them mostly at the parks but on occasion at home -- especially sweat shirts or jackets out on the deck on a cool evening!

This year I bought a bunch of shirts from DisneyShopping.com in anticipation of our trip to WDW next month! They had great markdowns on several cute things.

I had to hold myself back from buying too many because I know I'll want to buy some when I get to WDW too!!

:blush:

Hayden's Dad
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
We wear them at home as well and out in public, I even have two Winnie the Pooh ties I wear to work, but when we go to the parks we go all out trying to wear shirts that have characters on them that we will meet that day. :mickey:

Darbylew
10-10-2007, 04:56 PM
I have two Mickey jackets that I wear all the
time in the fall, winter and spring everywhere.
I have tee shirts and jewelry that I wear at
home as well. :mickey:

okw2006
10-10-2007, 05:10 PM
I have a couple of Mickey polo shirts that I wear to work all of the time. To begin with I got a few looks, but now it's no big deal.:thumbsup:

Kathie_WE
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
In June my DH bought me a cute, cheep mickey necklace that I wore so much the faux silver wore off. Last month he upgraded it to real silver and I haven't taken it off since.

Love my mickey wear.... everwhere!

big blue and hairy
10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I wear them all over the place. The one that actually gets the most comments is the Binford Tools shirt. Some people just love the shirt and want to know where I got it, but some people ask if its a real company that they used on the show.

:sulley:

ariel03
10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
My whole wardrobe is strictly Disney shirts. :blush:
It is a real conversation starter and I love talking about Disney.:mickey:

mm59
10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
I wear them all the time. Mickey is a way of life. It is My happy place.:mickey:

Suz36
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
All the time! In fact, right now I have on a tshirt I bought at WDW during our last trip!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I wear my Disney stuff from time to time...depending on how I feel, and if it is appropriate.

Now, I have a Mickey Mouse engagement ring, which is always on and a Mickey necklace that I wear a couple of times a week :mickey:

ALyankee
10-10-2007, 06:19 PM
We recently went on a non-disney vacation and I had to buy new clothes because all I had were disney shirts.:blush:

Zippy 1
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
:joy: I wear my Disney stuff so much I wear it out and have to get new. The kids I am around at the skating rink love it!!

SgtTigger
10-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I wear mine all the time............

:cop: :tiger:

Jenemmy
10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Got my Mickey polo on right this minute. I pretty much only have Mickey stuff, but I wear it any chance I get. I also have ear rings that I wear just about every day, and Disney coffee mugs that I CAN NOT start my day without full off java :mickey: I am disni-fied most of the time.

Here we go again...
10-10-2007, 06:32 PM
I wear mine all the time. I bought a bunch of polo shirts on Disney.com so I could wear them to work. :D

baldburke
10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I have an excellent T that we picked on our honeymoon 12 years ago that is still kickin'. My wife hates it and thinks it is looking a little tired. I took it along with us for our 10th anniversary trip. I am hoping it will hang in their until at least our 25th anniversary.

Jenemmy
10-10-2007, 06:33 PM
I wear my Disney stuff from time to time...depending on how I feel, and if it is appropriate.

Now, I have a Mickey Mouse engagement ring, which is always on and a Mickey necklace that I wear a couple of times a week :mickey:

OOoooooo -- I'm all intrigued by the Mickey engagement ring! Can you describe it? I might have to get DH to do a do-over! LOL

wedway76
10-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Being an old fogey, I don't believe in giving anyone free advertisement. I don’t even wear branded clothes of my favorite sports teams. If Disney wants to pay me to wear their name or give me the clothes for free I would be glad to wear them.

More importantly I feel that old men like me look silly in branded clothes.

Maybe I should get that t-shirt with Grumpy’s picture on it.

JerseyWDWfan
10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
More importantly I feel that old men like me look silly in branded clothes.

Oh - you're never too old for anything. :)

2Epcot
10-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I have a couple of Mickey polo shirts that I wear to work all of the time. To begin with I got a few looks, but now it's no big deal.:thumbsup:

I usually buy the polo shirts I have at least 8 or 9 for various parks, and anniversarys. I was very dissapointed that HKD did not have any logo ones when I was there, but at that time it had just opened. At least a couple of times a month I wear some of them to work, but always at the parks.

RockChalkKimball
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I wear my any chance I get! I mostly have to wear professional clothes, so I sneak in my jewelry several times a week. I also have a purse that I got last year. I get asked about it all the time. People want to know where they can get one, so I tell them to go to WDW. My DH wears a tie every day and has 2 that I got for him at WDW. He literally has worn them out. We are going back in 80 days and he is looking forward to buying another tie.

GrmGrninGost
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I feel like I'm missing out on something if I'm not wearing something Disney! I love wearing my Big Bad Wolf, Pirates, Mickey, Donald or whatever! If it has a Disney character or park on it, I'm all over it! :mickey:

cal5755
10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Right now I have on my Mickey Mouse t-shirt with him saluting a flag with big letter saying STANDING PROUD. I wear my eyore, grumpy, tink, tigger and goofy shirts too... as well as others that I have.

Marker
10-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Why buy it if you're not going to wear it..... I wear Disney stuff all the time.

disneyboundagain
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe I should get that t-shirt with Grumpy’s picture on it.

I'm not an old fogey, but I feel the same way, and I DID buy the Grumpy shirt last year for exactly the same reason!

Marilyn Michetti
10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Everywhere, all the time, (including my Intercot tee). Well, not to church - I'm in the choir, and they might frown on that.

Now, to the "old fogie" that won't wear his. I'm probably "fogier" than you are, and I don't consider wearing my tee's as advertising - I consider wearing them as a personal statement - I WON'T GROW UP !:D

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-10-2007, 11:18 PM
::looks down::

Disney Channel Games 2007.

::moves to closet:: Disney, Disney, anime, Disney.

Yeah, I wear them every day and my friends always ask if I own anything without Disney.

I went to give a court deposition....wearing a POTC shirt.

pennsy22
10-11-2007, 01:00 AM
We recently went on a non-disney vacation and I had to buy new clothes because all I had were disney shirts.:blush:

I know how you feel.:thumbsup: Been there, done that...well you know the rest.:rolleyes:

amorillo
10-11-2007, 01:18 AM
I've got my Animal Kingdom tank top on right now! I love to wear anything Disney! In fact, on our last trip I bought this huge POTC bag... and I now use it as my diaper bag! So, I've always got something Disney with me! :cloud9:

Diznee4Me
10-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Wer Disney shirts to work all the time. T-shirts, polo shirts, hawaiian - all the same and I get a lot of comments. This morning I am wearing my blue "Mickey thru the years" baseball cap. (We're a laid back office!):)

disneydrmr
10-11-2007, 09:15 AM
I have several Stitch shirts that I wear quite often when I'm out in public (even wear them to church on occasion! :D) I have a Mickey jacket that I wear also.

brownie
10-11-2007, 09:40 AM
I have several polo shirts and hats that I wear regularly. I have a couple t-shirts, too (I had several more but wore them out from wearing them.)

EJS-Houston
10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I only have one piece of apparel...it's a Disney Villains t-shirt and I do wear it out and about here in Houston. I'm planning to add to my WDW wardrobe when I'm there next month.

cEveArdenfan
10-11-2007, 10:22 AM
My Haunted Mansion shirt is so worn, I don't know how many times I've had to patch it up!:secret:

IloveJack
10-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I wear my POC shirts any chance I get. I've gotten tons of questions about my shirt that has "D-I-S-N-E-Y" spelled out in "pirate" letters. I even had a couple of CMs at my local DS asking where I got it, and wishing they could get one. Of course, most of the people that know me, know I'm rather obsessed with the Pirates movies, and Jack Sparrow!
Dh, on the other hand, rarely wears his character clothing outside the parks. I bought him a new longsleeve T and hoodie with his fave, :jack:, so we'll see if he wears them once it gets cold.

Happy Halloween! :jack:

rnin02
10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I mainly just have some character tees, a few eeyore sweatshirts, and my much loved, well worn Nightmare Before Christmas sweatshirts. Why isn't there more NBC clothing??? oh, I guess that's something for another thread.

mouseketeer mom
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Oh my gosh YES! I would never consider just wearing my stuff in WDW.
I wear either Mickey or Tink earrings EVERY day. I have them in so many different colors and styles. Its my thing. I get at least 2 new pairs every trip.
I use my Tinkerbell purses every day (except for extreme dress up occasions) and get so many compliments on them.
My fave WDW shirts are my Happily Ever After shirt I got in DD., and my I (skull) pirates shirt. I love to wear them.
As another poster said, its my happy place. I love to have my WDW things right next to me!
Oh! I also only use a WDW coffee mug every morning. I get one or two new ones also every trip.

MickeyandTink
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't wear the shirts much around home, but I do break out one of the Mickey T's on the weekends, sometimes.

The Mickey watch I got at WOD last month? That I wear to work at least once or twice I week. Dressy enough to be professional, but casual enough to be fun. :D

SurferStitch
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I have quite a few really nice Disney hoodies (Bambi, Stitch, Minnie, Tink, Eeyore) that I've accumulated over the past couple years. They are nicer than regular sweatshirt hoodies, and I love wearing them all the time. I'm even wearing my pink velour Bambi hoodie right now!

I also have 5 pairs of Disney jeans from the Disney store (Tink, Pirates, Minnie, etc.). I love wearing them! I also have a couple denim mini skirts with Pirates and the Cheshire cat on them.

I've been buying up a lot of tees for casual wearing around the house. The DS had them for $3 and $5 earlier this summer, so I must have gotten at least 10 of them. Luckily I can wear women's and kid's sizes, so I have a pretty broad selection to choose from.

My very favorite thing is my Disney charm bracelet. I have it stuffed full of charms, and I love wearing it as much as I can!

Tinkerfreak
10-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I have a Tinkerbell Jean Jacket that I have had for a couple of years and I wear it all the time. I get so many compliments about it and so many young girls ask me how they can get one. I do have many Disney watches and quite a few shirts that are getting worn out. Oh and I have an AKL zip up sweat shirt I wear alot. If they would carry some more plus sized clothing at WDW I would have alot more but I am kind of Pooh shaped and need an XXL. Sometimes I can get away with an XL.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
10-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I wear watches that I have bought at WDW every day. I have a ton of tees, some sweatshirts, and I just bought a windbreaker on our trip this summer.

My all time favorite is the coral sweatshirt with the Polynesian logo on it. I bought it almost 8 years ago on our first trip and it is almost worn out. I remember paying $60 for it and thinking to myself "you are a nut". But it was worth it. Unfortunately it has a small hole and is probably only good for a few more wears. I wish I could get another :(

IloveDisney71
10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm wearing a Minnie sleep shirt right now! :mickey: I have Mickey earings, and clothes with Pooh, Eeyore, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Donald & Cinderella. I love my Disney "stuff" and wear it proudly! :thumbsup:
My local Disney Outlet store had some really cute shirts on sale for $5.00 recently so I bought all the "girls" shirts for our upcoming trip!

PlutoToo
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
I wear them to work and make people smile. I also wear them at home and out to the stores.

Polynesian Dweller
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Wear them all the time. Every year I get 2 or 3 new polos, occasionally a jacket, and a hat. The quality is so good that they look good enough for work and they last a long time.

kakn7294
10-12-2007, 01:22 AM
I live in t-shirts or sweatshirts - I hate to dress up so I wear them everywhere!

DISNEYPRINCESS74
10-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I have to wear disney related items everyday, where i work is very casual so i can always wear disney. 95% of the time is mickey, it varies from clothes to jewelry to hair accessories, i cant leave home without something disney this is better than visa because everytime i see something disney it takes me to my happy place

June 1989-offsite:(
dec 1993 offsite
february 1995 offsite
july 1994 offsite
november 1994 offsite
april 2000 offsite:(
august 2005 12 days all star movies:mickey:
august 2006 12 days pop century, 7 day cruise magic:mickey::mickey:
february 2007 offsite:(
august 2007 5 days beach club:mickey:
august 2007 following beach club 21 days pop century:cloud9:
next vacation december 2008 daughter's birthday is dec 25th staying for 12 days

pixiesmimi
10-13-2007, 10:25 PM
I love wearing mine around home and keep trying to find a good shirt to wear out without feeling silly (I'm an old fogey too). I always feel like people are going to think I'm trying to be a kid again or deny my age. I always look for nice shirts and jackets while at WDW but usually talk myself out of them. I did buy some before going this last time and wore them. The one I like the most is the one I have that says "Fairy Grandmother". I wear it everywhere! I get more compliments on it and even the CMs in the parks asked where I got it. (Cracker Barrel) But after seeing older people like me at the parks this time wearing their shirts, etc. I'm getting braver.

My DH is the one who I wouldn't think would wear anything out but he bought a Grumpy hat last year (fits him sometimes) and wears it out and he had Mickey dress shirts and ties that he actually wears to church. :)

Several years ago I saw a female lawyer here in town that LOVES Disney wearing a windbreaker that had architectural drawings of WDW on the back. I loved it. I have looked everywhere for one and would wear it anywhere if I could find one. I do have Mickey jewelry that I love to wear and DH bought me a Mickey watch for my birthday last year and I love it. I wear it every day and get a lot of comments on it.:mickey:

princessjojo
10-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I have my Mickey coffee mug that I'm using right now and every morning nearly. I also have a mickey sunvisor that I wear at the pool and to the beach every summer. Now that is beginning to look sad. It's got marks where sweat and salt have worn on it and created fade marks. It looks realy nostalgic though. Along with those I carry my WDW canvas tote to the pool and beach. DH wears his t's more often than I, but I do have a couple, epsecially my black tink t that I embellished with some rhinestones to add that touch of bling. Usually though, they Disney t's are worn at the parks more than home.

amd780
10-14-2007, 11:23 AM
I have a WDW hooded sweatshirt that I proudly wear every chance I get!! :D I also have Mickey & Minnie socks, and a Mickey necklace and bracelet that I wear every now and then. The Mouse rocks! :number1: :mickey:

luvdiznee
10-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I bought DD a pair of Mickey and a pair of Minnie earring studs. Well we took one of each so everyday she is wearing one Mickey and Minnie and I do the same, except mine are in my 2nd holes in my ears. I also will wear one of my many t shirts or tank tops w/anything related to Disney, especially being back at home. The most recent being the F&W Festival and a MNSSHP t-shirts.:mickey:

DisneyOtaku
10-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I have a Sleeping Beauty shirt, a It's a Small World shirt, and my favorite, a grey shirt that has symbols that says "peace, love, and mickey mouse". Loooove them!

animalkingdomguy
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't go overboard. I generally Ibuy a ball cap or a t-shirt with some Disney theme. Generally I don't shill for corporations, but I make an exception for the mouse.

Ian
10-22-2007, 01:31 PM
I tend not to wear much Disney clothing at all. There was a time when I was into it, but since the kids were born for some reason I seem to have left that behind.

When I do wear Disney clothing now, it's pretty much exclusively generic theme park clothing (no characters), something from a resort, or maybe something from DVC.

I'm not into the character clothing really.

DizNee143
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
i have a decent number of shirts that have something disney on it!!...i buy them cuz i like them so of course im gonna wear them...im not gonna waste my money buying them and then not wearing them..
i use think it was sooooo un cool to wear disney clothes..but then i got out of highschool..lol..and its ok now..lol..:mickey:

Iluvpooh
10-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I am a stay ay home mom, so my daily wardrobe is basically t-shirts. I have so many that the girl at the grocery store told me she likes when I come back from WDW because I have new ones and don't wear the others every other day.:blush:

I bought my husband several a few weeks ago when DS.com was having that big sale on the studio collection. (Big Bad Wolf, Donald, Hook, Mickey, and 4 different colored polos.) He will wear them at the park next week and then they will stay in the closet until next year. Oh well that is why I buy his on sale.

Mollywobbles
10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
I've got so many Disney character t-shirts and sweatshirts that I've lost count. As a matter of fact, Disney clothing is just about the only kind that I own. I'm proud to display my favorite characters or my favorite vacation place. I always get so many positive comments about them too. I don't mind at all.

tarjaybuff
10-23-2007, 02:08 AM
I have more Disney in my closet than anything else, and of course I wear Disney Tees:mickey: in public.

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
:mickey: Hmmm... let's see... I've got 3 tank tops, 4 t-shirts, a sweat jacket and a coat, all Disney... 2 baseball caps and loads of socks... and I proudly wear them anytime I can!! I love being able to do that, it gives me a little bit of the magic at home!! :mickey:

scottgr
10-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I have t-shirts, golf shirts and sweat shirts from the park I wear all time:thumbsup:

mickey&missy
10-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I have 3 hoodies, 2 that zip and 1 without a zipper, and a baseball cap. I love the non-zip hoodie, its cute and comfy and cut nicely, not boxy. I wear it a lot. I where my baseball cap whenever I'm running late in the morning getting the kids to school, to lazy to do my hair or if its rainy and humid and my hair is going to get yucky anyway. I end up wearing it usually once a weeks :)

It's nice to have a little piece of the magic at home!!

DisneyDudet
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I wore my new hoodie I bought at Disney during the Intercot Meet today!! Its a thinner kind, but a pullover with a full Mickey on the front, white (but they had other colors) and has the pockets in the front.

I will probably wear it all winter too! I wear a lot of my Disney park stuff. People already know I'm crazy about it, so why hide it!