PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 10

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Cast: Me - 37
DW - 36
DS - 5

Friday, September 28:

Going home day:( DW got up a little early and went down to check us out and get our plane tickets printed (and, no doubt, to get one last chocolate chip muffin!). DS and I got up a little later, finished packing and got ready to leave. I called guest services and asked for the number for Kona Kafe to check on the passport book we had lost somewhere last night. They put me in touch with lost and found. I was on hold for about 10 minutes and was just about to give up when a girl picked up. I told her what we had lost, she put me on hold for a minute or two, and came back on the line to tell me they had it! I couldn’t believe it! We would have to go to the Kennel Club at the Transportation Center to get it, but they had it! So I went and checked in all of our luggage with luggage services, found DW and DS and we caught the bus to Magic Kingdom. From there we took the monorail to the TC, retrieved the passport book and got on the monorail to Epcot. We ended up getting there around 11:00. We decided to check the character connection one last time, but the wait was already over 45 minutes. Since we had seen all the characters already throughout our trip, we decided not to spend time standing in line to see them again. Besides, we were hungry, and so decided to get lunch. DWand DS wanted to go to Seasons again, and I wanted to try a few things from some of the booths set up for the Food and Wine Festival. I decided to head over toward Canada and on the way ran into the Dream Team! They were on one of the walkways handing out Dream Mickey Ears to everybody, so I got one! This was actually the first time I had even seen the Dream Team since the first day we were here! I don’t know where they were hiding the whole time! Anyway, I continued on my journey looking for something good, and different, to eat. My conclusion is that the booths are mostly a rip-off. For example, at the Australia booth, I ordered Shrimp on the Barbie. I expected some kind of grilled shrimp, maybe on a skewer or something. What I got were exactly two small shrimp that had simply been heated on a cook top, along with a few small pieces of some kind of vegetable – for $4.25. Oh well. I headed back toward the UK to meet up with DW and DS and showed them the ears I had won. We then did the Kidcot stops at UK, Japan, Morocco, US and France. We also decided to get pressed pennies at each country as well, so that turned into a challenge to get them all before we had to leave the park at 3:00. In our journeys to all the Kidcot stops we were able to see Serveur Amusant in France – a guy who stacked up several chairs and performed a balancing act; we shopped in Morocco (a very neat shopping area!); watched the Matsuriza drummers in Japan and saw some of the Drum and Bugle Corps in the US. We finished the passport book in the US and got the poster (which we promptly lost!). By then it was time to head for the exit and catch the bus back to POP, get our luggage and catch our 4:15 ME bus back to MCO. We got to MCO, checked in, ate a quick dinner at McDonalds, and got in line for our flight home. We had a great 10 days and had a lot of “Firsts”. It seems like we just got here yesterday! We will be dreaming and thinking about the next trip – whenever that may be.....:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
What a grand adventure. Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I've truly enjoyed reading about your family adventures. Thanks for taking us along! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Glad you found the passport book! Congrats on winning the ears, that is a great memory:mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-11-2007, 12:11 AM
I've truly enjoyed reading about your family adventures. Thanks for taking us along! :mickey:

:ditto::thanks:

It was fun. I hope to share our adventures with you in January:whisper:

Disdad13
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
It was fun. I hope to share our adventures with you in January

I will look forward to it:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for sharing your very magical trip with us.

And better to see the Dream Team on your last day than to not see them at all . . . congrats on your ears :mickey:

irish1967
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds like an excellent trip! You write wonderful trip reports.

Happy Birthday :party: I think I might have to suggest a trip to WDW for one of my future birthdays!!!

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I am impressed in how much you got done each day. Even your last day was cram packed with fun and adventure!! Great job!!

I am so glad that you got the passport too!! That is a great show-and-tell for school. We pulled our girls out of school last year to go to WDW and our DD9 was able to use the passport to do an oral report to her class when she got back to tell them things that she learned about each of the countries. See, she was learning!!:thumbsup:

faline
10-18-2007, 08:38 PM
It's always nice when you can retrieve something you lost!

Congrats on your meeting with the dream team!

Sorry your trip is over but it certainly was a good one!