PDA

View Full Version : Regal Sun Resort formerly Grosvenor Resort

JORDAUN
10-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Hello all,

My parents are coming in from Ireland and i live in the great state of IOWA they informed me that they are looking at staying at the Regal Sun Resort which was formerly Grosvenor Resort anybody have any feedback on this resort i believe its close to everything but we have always stayed on the property. Please let me know any info that you may have about this resort i sure would appreicate it. Thanks so much.

J

eam
10-10-2007, 03:01 PM
We have stayed at the fka Grosvenor Resort a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it. The proximity to Downtown Disney is great, just a short walk and the hotel itself was very nice. We stayed here before going to a hotel on Disney property, so we were already pumped up. We always tried to visit other hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area as it is just a great road to take a stroll. I am sure a great time will be had by all.

big blue and hairy
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
:offtopic: Where in Ireland?

:sulley:

ldn324
10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
We stayed a couple of days at the Grosvenor a few years ago. All I could say was - eh, it was OK. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't all that great either. It seemed rather dated and wasn't as clean as I would have preferred.

Now that it's been taken over by another resort, maybe they have done some improvements. Try searching for it on Trip Advisor and you could probably get some more recent traveler reviews.

JORDAUN
10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
hopefully they will have a good time i am sure they will. No doubt it will be a shock to them going to Orlando to Iowa but they enjoy coming back and seeing grandkids more than there own kids...just kidding...

They r coming from Cork City not sure if u have ever heard of that but i believe its the 3 or 4th largest city in Ireland. Thanks so much for the reply.

WelshieLover
10-10-2007, 03:47 PM
As far as location goes it is very good. Taking the Downtown Disney transportation is much better than taking the hotel shuttle. When we stayed there we would walk to the bus stop from the hotel. It is close to the bus stop near the Rainforest Cafe. I know when we were there their the rooms were very dated - they still had tile work from when it was called a Dutch Inn. Hopefully they have done the rooms over. I remember the pool area and grounds were very nice.