PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else plan trips for fun?

wedway76
10-10-2007, 01:29 PM
It has been over a year since our last WDW trip and we probably won’t have the opportunity to go again until next summer, but in the mean time, I love going on the WDW web site and planning trips that I have no intention of taking. I’ll put in all different dates for all different resorts with all different options, and see what the availability is and what the pricing comes out to. I quit when I get to the “Book Now” button.

Am I the only nut out there doing this? I’m curious…

I know that I’m probably taking up band width that could better be used by folks who are planning trips for real, and for that I apologize, but I just can’t help myself.

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 01:40 PM
:funny: LOL!!!

Yes I do the same thing. I think about Disney World every day and I have planned at least 12 trips since coming home from our trip in August!! As a matter of fact, on Monday I planned a trip for my ENTIRE family (parents, sis, bro, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins--there's a lot of us) at a mere cost of $46,000!!!!!!!:blush: Now that is some serious dreaming. If I ever win the lottery I will take my whole family down there to get some of that magic!!!

So no my friend, you are not alone!!!! :thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I can't tell you how glad I am to know that I am not the only one to do this ... :mickey: I'm constantly planning trips, adding different options, different hotels ... i've even gone so far as to do a day by day, if I was in this park, I would eat at these restaurants plan!

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I know that I’m probably taking up band width that could better be used by folks who are planning trips for real, and for that I apologize, but I just can’t help myself.

I have to apologize also. Disney World makes me crazy!!!!! :crazy:

teambricker04
10-10-2007, 01:50 PM
So, I think I am crazy. I think about Disney all the TIME! My 2.5 yo DS is now an addict... what have I started??? He asks all the time, "Can we go to Dinzy World today?" The answer generally is, "No, sorry, not today." and then I weep. Okay, not really.

Our next trip is in less than a month (HOORAY!!!) and my DH and I are already planning a big two week trip for next summer.

This time we are getting APs, so who knows, we may even do an impromptu trip this winter!

disney1026
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it when I read your post. I do this all the time! My husband is always telling me that I should have become a Disney Travel agent. In fact, it is something that I have considered doing in retirement.

Also, whenever friends or family are going to Disney, I help them plan their trips. I've made Power Point presentations and everything!
Okay, I admit it, I have a problem...:blush:

pookiebear38
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Okay, so that's why I enjoy Intercot so much! Now that I know I'm not the only one planning Disney trips that aren't happening, I don't feel so bad! I've been lurking for awhile, living vicariously through the posts and trip reports, and now have my next trip to finally plan!!:joy:
Thanks for making me feel better about myself!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Me too! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Before there was on-line booking (or at least before I knew about on-line booking) I would take all of the books, and plan out a trip...just in case I ever got to go one day.

Well, one day finally came (thanks to the now-DH), and I'm addicted. I too go on-line and book trips for fun...see how much my "dream" trip would cost, how much to take the whole family, etc, etc.

It is fun, and I'm so glad I'm not alone :blush:

EJS-Houston
10-10-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm sure Disney is happy to have you "use up all that band width"...because if you're that into the WDW experience, chances are you'll book a trip for real before long...and trying out all those options is what the website's there for...to let you see try 'em on for size and see what you can have for what you can afford. I've done it myself...and clearly we're far from alone. Good to know!

mttafire
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
I price trips all the time.:blush: Not only for Disney but Vegas also!!:thumbsup:
Seriously though, I am on Disney.com alot doing this.

peemagg
10-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I am worse than the rest of you I think. I go to their wedding site and plan weddings for fun. The worst part is, is I am not even dating anyone right now. I look at it all this way. I will be prepared if any opportunity like that occurs.

ariel03
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
:blush: I do the samething. I'm on Disney's website taking up space and dreaming alot.

:secret: I know DH secretly looks at airfare prices and dreams too. LOL

Deesdisney
10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I do this all the time. I usally start out with 20 people at 3, 3 bd. villa at beach club. Then I end up with just me and my family at the all stars. I am glad there are other dreamers. Next I am going to start with if I win the lottery party. You know the private party with all the characters. Staying there for 2 weeks and a cruise for at least 7.

January-2007
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
I so priced out a trip just this morning for next month. And we're definately not going again for over a year. I dreamed about the prices of tickets last night. I just like to be "in the know" just in case.... :mickey: