PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 8

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Wednesday, September 26:

DS and I slept in today and DW got up a little earlier and went down to do some laundry (and get her chocolate chip muffin - her favorite!) to get us through the last few days of our trip. When DS and I finally got up, DS ate a quick breakfast in the room, we got our swim trunks on and headed for the pool. I swam with him for a bit and then took over looking after the clothes while DW swam with him some more. When the clothes were done, we headed back to the room for showers and to change. Then, it was off to the busses for a trip to Downtown Disney. The love bugs were HORRIBLE this morning:thedolls:. It was the worst we had seen in the three years we have been to Disney. We had actually been pleasantly surprised up to this point because the last two years we had battled those pesky love bugs the entire trip. But so far this year, they had been few and far between - until today! Not sure why the were so thick today. Anyway, we were on a bus and at Downtown Disney by about 12:30. They were refurbishing the one set of bus stops, so they had to drop us off at the stops all the way on the other side of the rather large parking lot. It looked like it could really rain, and in fact did start to sprinkle as we walked across the parking lot. But it didn’t last long. And it was HOT! We went to Sandwich of Earl for lunch since I had heard lots of good things about this place. I really enjoyed it, but I don’t think DW or DS did so much. After that, we did some shopping, etc. We ended up at Once Upon a Toy, where DS and I made a light saber! Very cool! I also really wanted to go to Goofy’s for some sweets, so we went there and made good use of some snack credits - pretzel rods, giant oreo, etc. Then it was time to head for the bus to Coronado Springs. The bus arrived just as our daily downpour did. But by the time we got to Coronado Springs, the rain had stopped. On the bus ride over, I got to talking to a nice couple and their daughter. Turns out they were from Canada and they gave DS a small Canadian flag pin. It was very nice of them.

We got checked in at Maya Grill at about 6:00 and were seated immediately, even though we were about 15 minutes early. I had read a lot of posts about people not liking this place very much, and was a little apprehensive about eating here, but I’m sure glad we did. I thought it was great! I really liked the atmosphere of the place. I thought everything was very good. The kid meal was generous, appetizers were very good and different, the margarita was awesome, the steaks were good, and service was exceptional. After the meal, we walked around outside by the lake for a little bit. The place looks huge! We really liked the style of everything. It all looked very nice. When we were done walking around, we headed for the bus stop and within 2 or 3 minutes were able to catch a bus to Epcot to watch Illuminations again (did I mention we love Illuminations?). We got a great spot and enjoyed the show one last time. When it was over, we again took our time leaving and waited for the park to empty – soaking up as much as we could since it would be our last night at Epcot for who knows how long. We finally found our way to the busses and were back at the hotel for showers and bed. Tomorrow we will be at Epcot all day with lots of Kidcot Fun Stops, hopefully. Dinner is at Kona Kafe at 5:30, followed by Spectromagic at 8:00 and Wishes at 9:00.

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I've lost count, is that 3 or 4 Illuminations now??!!:number1:

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I've lost count, is that 3 or 4 Illuminations now??!!

I know, right!? We could watch it every night and not get tired of it! We have the CD at home, and it gets lots of play when we need a good Disney fix. Thanks!!

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
We ended up at Once Upon a Toy, where DS and I made a light saber! Very cool! What a great activity for you and DS!

You seem very comfortable dashing from resorts and parks to experience your families' favorites. I can't believe you're already at the close of Day 8! :(

tinkerbell04
10-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear about your good Maya Grill experience, we are trying that in December for the first time :mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Day 8 already......;) I'm not ready for your trip to end

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Have to try the Maya Grill. I have heard good things! Thanks for the info on that!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Sounds like another wonderful day.

faline
10-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Chocolate chip muffins for breakfast? Sounds like my husband's idea of the ideal way to start the day!