PDA

View Full Version : Disdad 10-Day Family Adventure - Day 7

Disdad13
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Cast: Me - 36 at start of trip, 37 by the end!
DW - 36
DS - 5

Tuesday, September 25:

We got up at 7:30 this morning so we could be ready and on the bus to Animal Kingdom by 9:00 am. We were at the park by 9:30 or so. After stopping for some photopass shots, we headed straight to Expedition Everest. DW had decided to try it this year, but she wanted me to go first. I went through the single rider line which was faster, but you don’t get to see all the cool stuff in the que that way. Anyway, I rode and enjoyed it more than last year – I just took time to look around a little more during the ride. DW went next and said she kinda liked it. After that, we decided to go on Kali River Rapids. DS wasn’t too sure about it, since he doesn’t like rides he gets wet on, but we talked him into giving it a try. The first time through, when he did end up getting wet, he started crying. He had stopped by the end of the ride, though. And, as we were leaving, DS says to a CM on the way out “We really didn’t get very wet!” So the CM says “If you didn’t get wet enough, come on back here and do it again”. So he stopped people coming in, let us cut in line and go right back on! This time we got a little more wet, though still not soaked, which was fine with me. DS wanted to go again, but we had to meet up with some friends of ours from home who were vacationing at Disney at the same time. We met them and walked through the Maharajah Jungle Trek. By the time we got done there, we were hungry (they had had a character breakfast at 10:00), so we decided to split up again, and we headed to Flame Tree for lunch.

We love this place! Probably the best counter service in Disney World, in our opinion. We sat out by the water as we always do when we eat here. This time there was a small crocodile in the water. That was pretty neat to see. There were also some rather large turtles and a few big fish as well. During lunch, a boat came around with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy, who waved at us. When we were done, we decided to go to see It’s Tough To Be A Bug! We had never seen this before, either, and DS was a little apprehensive. But it was OK. I had read about the bees "stinging" you in the back, and had DS sit forward in his seat so he didn't get stung. I'm sure that helped a little! From there we headed to Camp Minnie Mickey to watch Festival of the Lion King – yet another first for us. Again, we all enjoyed the show. When we got out of the show we decided to brave the lines for Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. It only took about 20 minutes or so to see all four! When we were done there, we hooked up with our friends again and got a spot to watch the parade at 4:00. I still think this is one of the coolest parades just because of the animal “floats”. They are just so neat! When the parade was over, we went to the new Nemo show. It was actually very cool. It is certainly different than most shows you will see. Very well done. By the time we got out of the show, it was almost 5:30. Since we had an ADR at Garden Grill for 6:20 we knew we had to book it. So we said our good-byes to our friends and briskly walked out of the park. Luckily there was a bus that went directly to Epcot from there, but we had to wait a good 20 minutes or so for it to show. It finally did, and we were at Epcot by about 6:10. We had to hustle, and we got to Garden Grill right at 6:20. Their computers were down (or so they told us) and we didn’t get seated until almost 7:00. Dinner was very good, though – especially the catfish! We also had some good character interaction with Mickey, Minnie and especially Chip n’Dale. They were throwing M&Ms at Mickey and tried to steal DS’s dessert. When we were done, we got a quick photopass behind the ball and then found a spot for Illuminations. Then, it was back to POP. Tomorrow is laundry and swimming in the morning and Downtown Disney in the afternoon, then a 6:15 ADR at Maya Grill in Coronado Springs.

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2007, 01:17 PM
You have had some really great days!! Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
What a great day at AK - I'm so glad you were able to experience FotLK for the first time. Goodness, whenever we go to meet the characters it's easily a 30+ minute wait for one autograph.

Garden Grill is one of our favorite character meals - I'm happy to hear you had yet another good experience with TS dining.

Did I actually read you're going to slow it down tomorrow morning?!!! :D

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 11:46 PM
One busy family...... I can't wait to hear about tomorrow:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
10-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Man am I ever itching to get back to the World. You all are having such a fun time that I am just dyin' to get back myself. I can't wait to read the rest of the days!

Disdad13
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Did I actually read you're going to slow it down tomorrow morning?!!!

You know, we always try to plan some slow time - swimming, relaxing at the resort, etc. But then we get there and have a hard time doing that when there is just so much out there waiting for us to do. We usually decide that we can rest when we get home:)

Thanks for reading!

Momof2boys
10-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Mickey's Jammin Jungle parade is our favorite parade at WDW - I love to sing & dance as it rolls by.

Good timing getting to Garden Grill.

Bethis26fan
10-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

faline
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I have still not managed to see the Animal Kingdom parade!

We ate at Flame Tree last week and, in the past have really enjoyed it, but this time, found it a bit disappointing. Glad you had a better experience!