PDA

View Full Version : Recipe NEEDED!

ann0d
10-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi - in 1982 we went to the Empress Lily and ate in the Empress Room. For dessert we had CHOCOLATE BELL CAKE, it was the best ever! Where can I get this recipe? Does Disney give out recipes? If so, where do I go for it? Does anyone have it? 26 years later I want some!
I've posted on other boards with no luck!
HELP!

KH
10-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Disney does give out recipes. I've asked for a few at the parks and resorts and I've gotten some online. I have cross referenced the ones from the restaurants with the websites that provide Disney recipes and have found that the two or three websites I have visited provide exact duplicates. Just Google "Disney recipes" and you'll get everything that's available. I could not find the exact cake you are looking for, but I would recommend the Chocolate Wave from the Coral Reef. I made it a couple of months ago and it was delicious. It probably tasted just as good as the real thing, but our 20 gallon aquarium doesn't quite match up with the Coral Reef's 6 million gallons! My wife is already asking me to make it again.

Making recipes from WDW helps us have a taste of the magic during the intervals between trips. Have fun and I hope you find what you're looking for.:chef:

ann0d
10-10-2007, 01:03 PM
The one I am looking for had a very smooth inside not cakey almost had a texture of very thick pudding (kinda)! Thanks

Dracula766
10-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I have one of the older WDW cookbooks. I'll look at it when I get home and see if the recipe is in there.

brownie
10-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Try contacting WDW Guest Services. I was able to get the recipe for the Huey, Dewey, and Louie Sundae from the ice cream shop in the old marketplace that way; the manager still worked for WDW and had the recipe.

Dracula766
10-12-2007, 09:39 AM
It sems the closest I could find is a chocolate mousse cake from Epcot