PDA

View Full Version : Wedding gift

Earnhardt321
10-10-2007, 02:24 AM
I was just wondering what the approriate gift would be to get for a couple who were married in Mexico and are having just the reception now. Help I am no good at this!!!

disneydrmr
10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Cash is always a good gift. Especially if they are not registered anywhere.. or a gift certificate to your local mall or store. If it's a young couple just starting out you could even get them a gift certificate to your local grocery store...

May524
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I just got married in january and some of the best gifts were off of my registry or personal gifts (maybe a 1st chirstmas ornament personalized). Cash is good...but I still have TONS of gift cards to pottery barn, williams sonoma and linens and things!

ldn324
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
You can never go wrong with cash.

Also, if the couple owns or plans to buy a home, a gift card to Lowe's or Home Depot would be nice. DH and I actually entered gift cards on our registry at Home Depot.

thrillme
10-10-2007, 10:58 AM
If they're not registered anywhere...COLD HARD CASH, or a gift certificate to Lowes/Home Depot, Target or Walmart.

Even if you give them $20 in a card that would be GREAT.

It's a bit hard to guess on this one. How old are they. Have they been living together as a couple, have they been living in separate houses? Cash or gift certificates would cover all instances but if you want something more personal...I know the needs of two people 35 and up with two houses combined are going to be different than somebody 20-25 and leaving Mom and Dad's house.

DisneyDog
10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
I vote for either a check or a gift card. I have more crystal bowls and clocks around my house than I know what to do with.

d_m_n_n
10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I vote for either a check or a gift card. I have more crystal bowls and clocks around my house than I know what to do with.

I totally and completely agree!! We have been married 12 years and I still have bowls/platters in boxes that have never been opened. And those are the ones I kept after donating others to Goodwill. :blush:

Earnhardt321
10-12-2007, 04:53 PM
If they're not registered anywhere...COLD HARD CASH, or a gift certificate to Lowes/Home Depot, Target or Walmart.

Even if you give them $20 in a card that would be GREAT.

It's a bit hard to guess on this one. How old are they. Have they been living together as a couple, have they been living in separate houses? Cash or gift certificates would cover all instances but if you want something more personal...I know the needs of two people 35 and up with two houses combined are going to be different than somebody 20-25 and leaving Mom and Dad's house.

They have been living together for about a year and are in theire late 20's early 30's I would think.

Sounds like cash is the way to go.
Thanks for all your help!!