PDA

View Full Version : Walking from GF to Poly

abbysmom
10-10-2007, 01:59 AM
Does anyone know how long it takes to walk from the Grand Floridian to the Polynesian? We're staying at GF but want to eat breakfast at Poly one morning.

SurferStitch
10-10-2007, 06:41 AM
You know, I don't think we ever clocked it, but it's not too long.

DH and I love to walk between the two resorts, and have done it quite a few times. It's very relaxing.

I would leave a good 10 minutes (at a moderate pace) to get from the GF beach to the back entrance of the Poly. Keep in mind, though, that it can take several minutes to get to the beach from your room at the GF, and once at the Poly, can take another 5 minutes or so to get to the GCH. I think 20 minutes overall should do it, plus add on however early you want to be for your ADR. Better to leave too much time than not enough. Hey, the earlier you are, the more you can explore the lobby!

Of course, that all goes out the window if you have little ones walking, or if you want to take time to enjoy the early morning air. We like to linger, so we leave plenty of time to enjoy the walk.

ThanxForNoticin
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
On the average, you are probably looking at 15-20 minutes max - and that's at an easy pace. It's really a very nice walk, taking you along the lake and by the Wedding Pavillion. It's a great idea for breakfast. Enjoy.

Polynesian Dweller
10-10-2007, 12:44 PM
We walk from the Poly to Narcoosees every trip and give ourselves 20 minutes from the room to the podium at Narcoosees. Never have a problem getting there with a little spare time. :mickey:

Mary Poppins fan
10-10-2007, 01:38 PM
First, welcome to Intercot!

For some reason our last trip we did quite a few things at the GF while staying a the Poly. We walked most of the time and generally took us about 10 to 15 minutes from the GCH. (Okay, sometimes it took us longer when the kids stopped and played on the beach! :))

gtpooh
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
We did this walk when we stayed at the GF, and it was maybe 10 minutes from the end of the GF to the end of the Poly, but I would leave 10-20 minutes depending on where within the resorts you are going. It's actually a very nice walk -- you go past the wedding pavillion and the beach which is really pretty! :mickey:

SBETigg
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I agree with other posters- count on twenty minutes but it could be around ten minutes depending.

The walk is really nice but If you're just looking for a quick way to get to the Poly without monorail, you could also hop on the boat launch between the resorts and the MK. The order will be GF first then on to the Poly (then it loops to the MK and back around to the GF). It could also take about 10-20 minutes depending.

Tinkerfreak
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I can't answer your question but I just wanted to welcome you!!!:welcome:

abbysmom
10-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone! That's exactly what I needed to know. :thumbsup: I'll plan for 20-25 minutes since I will be with my 3 year old daughter who likes to stop and look--alot. We'll actually be going there for dinner one night too so I might try the boat launch also. Thanks for the warm welcomes too!