PDA

View Full Version : 6 & 7 Year old Boys 1st Timer ?'s....

AbeeNormal
10-10-2007, 12:04 AM
What rides should they not miss......?:mickey:

What rides should we stay clear of if any...?:stop:

I know everyone has a different take on kids and what's right for them.... I'm just asking for everyones humble or not so humble opinions since this will be our first visit to WDW they have been to DLR at ages 4 & 5 and had a ball.

I greatly appreciate all comments and thanks in advance for sharing with me and all other Intercotee's:grouphug:

FYI - We're only there for 3 days it's a land sea trip.:boat:

P.S. I'm so excited and 85 days to go :joy: Vacation dates Jan 3rd thru 10th '08

EmmMOM2
10-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Gosh listing all the rides not to miss would take a long time..if your kids enjoy coasters dont miss splash mountain or thunder mountain..that's for sure. The safari and kali river rapid ride are GREAT in AK. In MK i would try to ride just about everything.. Oh the dinosaur ride in AK is incredibly fun..that is if they like fast high energy rides..its not quite a coast but very thrilling. ;)
Great movie ride and backlot tour are very exciting rides as well those are in MGM....
Epcot to be honest i really like the Norway boat ride..

ncscgirl2005
10-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I hope you all have a blast on your first trip. Here are a few of my picks. Most are thrill rides because that's what we are in to.

MK (just to name a few):
1. Space Mountain
2. Splash Mountain
3. POC
4. Jungle Cruise
5. Big Thunder Railroad Mountain (?)

AK (just to name a few):
1. Dinosaur (kids enjoyed but way too loud for me)
2. Expedition Everest (a must do)
3. Primewhirl (sp?)

MGM (just to name a few):
1. Tower of Terror (not as bad as you may think)
2. Rockin Roller Coaster (a must do)
3. The Stunt Show (forgot the official name)

I hope you have an awesome time on land and on sea! Oh and don't forgot to stop by the Dole Stand in Adventureland for a Dole Whip :cloud9:
Yummy!

One more thing: Post a trip reports!

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-10-2007, 09:46 AM
I would say anything they are tall enough to go on they will have a blast. All the rides are must dos.

When we went in '04 we had 4yo, 6yo, 6yo. The scariest ride for them was Dinosaur. They left crying the first time they went on it. That being said, that same trip they did Dinosaur three more times and it became one of their favorites.

Hope your family has a Blast!!!:thumbsup:

MickeyandTink
10-10-2007, 10:48 AM
We took our 6 yr old DD last month and even with almost 8 days, we still weren't able to do everything.

If they are like most young boys I know, they would really like meeting the Power Rangers, Lightning McQueen and TowMater at MGM. Otherwise, unless photos/autographs with characters are really important, try to schedule a character meal or two instead of spending time in the parks waiting in line for the meet and greets.

My personal recs for must dos for each park:

AK
Expedition Everest
Kali Rapids (definitely)
Jungle Safari (do as close to park opening as possible to get best animal viewings) be warned that this is probably the busiest early morning ride in any of the parks so if you can get there at opening time, so much the better
Festival of the Lion King (great show for all ages with fun audience participation)

MGM
Tower of Terror
RnRC
Lights, Motors, Action
Fantasmic

Epcot
Test Track
Mission Space
Soarin' (must do, but get fast passes)
Innoventions (build your own robot)
World Showcase

MK
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear

Since you only have three days, I would probably recommend one day for MK, one day for Epcot, and a morning in AK and afternoon/evening in MGM. You could easily spend a full day or even two at both AK and MGM, but if crowds aren't bad you can at least hit the highlight rides/shows in a half day.

Have a great trip!