PDA

View Full Version : School bread

Mickeydream
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Has anyone ever had school bread from Kringla Og Bakery in Norway? What is it? :confused:

ryca1dreams
10-09-2007, 11:13 PM
The school bread was some kind of pastry shaped like a ball I think with a custard inside. I never tried it, but it looked good. I always get lefse which is potato bread with butter and sugar inside - a cardiologist's dream.

luvwinnie
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
My sister and I shared one on our last trip to Epcot. It is definitely big enough for two. It is a pastry filled with custard with coconut on top. It was delicious and a good deal too.

McGoofy
10-10-2007, 04:42 AM
I love schoolbread! There is a photo of it in the Info Central dining photo section. It is definitely worth a try!:thumbsup: It's kind of like the white powdered Dunkin's Donut that has custard in it--only WAY better and with coconut on top.

Maleficent's Dad
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
We had one this past summer, and after reading about it for years, we were a bit disappointed.

It's not like a donut in texture, it is more like bread. Yes it's covered in coconut and filled with some custard stuff. It's tasty, but not our cup of tea. We shared it between the four members of my family. No need to do it again.

However, I do encourage people to try it - everyone's got different tastes! Just because one person doesn't care for it doesn't mean you won't! And it is unique to Norway in WDW. :mickey:

adamsfam5
10-10-2007, 12:27 PM
:sick:
It was not our favorite! It's very "yeasty" tasting.

SurferStitch
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm looking forward to trying this for the first time in December. That potato bread/butter/sugar thing sounds really good, too. May have to try both!!

Marilyn Michetti
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I LOVE schoolbread. I get one every year - it's a traditional thing like the zebra domes at Boma's.:tasty:

Disney Doll
10-10-2007, 01:42 PM
We like school bread, but they are pretty rich and heavy. Definitely plan to share one.

mudpuppysmom
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if you can get it without coconut? I don't do coconut, but I'd like the rest of it!!

SBETigg
10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
It's not like a donut in texture, it is more like bread. Yes it's covered in coconut and filled with some custard stuff. It's tasty, but not our cup of tea.

It's not a pastry. It's a bread. Not a nice light crumbly bread, either. Very dense. It looks like a delicious light and cream filled doughnut. But the custard is very heavy and buttery and the outside is a bread. We didn't like it either, but I'm glad we tried.

Mickeydream
10-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Thank you everyone for your input. I do think it is worth a try at least. It is the closest I'll get to the real country of Norway, but I probably will have to try a pastry from France also. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Its heavvvvvvy! Its soooo sweet and gooey, and one of those things that just make you sloooow down. Totally zaps you of any get up and go. The five of us picked at it, but I wouldn't get it again.

rnin02
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I love school bread! We usually plan one of our "meals" to be at Norway, and I get a school bread, and DH gets a bunch of the puddings...so bad for us, but so, so, so good. Mmm, I want some school bread now!

mdearmas
10-11-2007, 11:31 AM
it's a big ball of deliciousness!!!!

:goofy:

Crow
10-11-2007, 05:50 PM
ive gotten one on my last few trips as its great. got it this time & took back for breakfast the next day. used a snack credit so it was all good.
i also used a snack credit for a pretzel in there, but i prefer the schoolbread.

SimbaandNalasMama
10-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Glad you are gonna try it. I am in the camp of 'its a yummy concoction of sugary goodness'..hehe. Hubby and I split it, with coffee.

Now we just need to go back so we can try everything else! :cloud9: