PDA

View Full Version : DVC Grocery Shopping?

Ian
10-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Quick couple questions for the DVC vets on the boards ...

This is my first stay with DVC and I know they offer some type of advance shopping for you, but I'm not sure how it works or what they'll get for you.

Since I'm only coming down for 4 days, I do NOT want to have to check bags. That means no liquids in my carry-on, so I'm wondering if I could have DVC get me stuff like toothpaste, shampoo, hair gel, etc.?

Or will they only do staples like milk, cereal, etc.? Anyone know?

tinkerbell04
10-09-2007, 06:57 PM
If I remember correctly, there is only food items on the shopping list...BUT they do carry all of those things in the gift shop, so if you called and requested them, I am sure that they could be added.:mickey:

Ian
10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
BUT they do carry all of those things in the gift shop, so if you called and requested them, I am sure that they could be added.:mickey:Actually, as long as they have them in the gift shop I'll be okay when I get there. I can just pick them up myself.

Thanks!!

Maleficent's Dad
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Ian,
We've used the grocery service in years past, but I wasn't sure of your particular needs so I checked the DVC website.

(If you log onto DVCmember.com, you can find the grocery lists under "Vacation Planning.")

Much to my surprise, they only list food items and things used to make food on the grocery order list. There are no "Personal Supplies" listed at all.

Here are the categories for shopping at SSR:

Dairy
Deli
Beverages
Coffee/Tea
Condiments
Breads
Grocery
Produce
Miscellaneous
Breakfast Items
Chip & Dale Snacks
Snack Items
Cookies
Frozen Items
Hagaan Daaz Ice-Cream

Under Miscellaneous, the items are things like bowls, cups, and plates.

Guess you'd have to use the gift shop regardless! :mickey: