PDA

View Full Version : When do the kids get measured for the rides????

ldc12377
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
When do the CMs measure kids for the rides? My DD6 really wants to ride Primeval Whirl this time but I'm not sure if she will be tall enough. She is 48" at the doctor's office but only about 47 1/2" when I meausre her at home. I don't want to wait in line for a long time just to find out that she isn't tall enough right before we board the ride. How does that work? On our last trip, I guess we didn't ride anything that the kids mught be to short for because none of my kids were measured by CMs.

Strmchsr
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I seem to remember the CM at the entrance measuring - before you wait in line. If she's close they'll measure and remeasure, and if she has on thick soled shoes they'll ask her to remove them, and measure again. They're very careful about it.

mouseketeer mom
10-09-2007, 02:48 PM
The almost making it to the right height thing is tricky. If your child isn't quite there my advice is to NOT push it. Heres what happened to us..My son was measured for RNRC and his hair made the measurement, but not his actual head. (my son has loose tumbly curls that grow up, down and every which way)..they let him thru. Right before he was to board the ride there was a second measuring point and the CM didn't even bother. On the ride he goes. He came off and was really shaken up. He head did not fit in between the head supports, he was too short. His head bounced and wobbled without any support the whole ride. He was really dizzy and had neck and back pain for a few days after the ride. It really scared him. Here I was, happy he got to ride, since he wanted to so badly, and he ended up feeling hurt. If your child isn't quite there, I encourage you to keep them off. I wish I did!

ginger19
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
There is a CM right at the entrance to every ride and they measure them there. Additionally, there is another measuring point right before you board the ride and they can be measured again there.

My son is 4 and just makes the 40 inch mark. He was measured at both points for Soarin but not once for Dinosaur. My cousin's son was measured and passed at the first point for a ride and then refused at the last check point so be prepared for that to happen.
For a roller coaster I would not chance it with an "almost there".

Marker
10-09-2007, 04:08 PM
He head did not fit in between the head supports, he was too short. His head bounced and wobbled without any support the whole ride. He was really dizzy and had neck and back pain for a few days after the ride. It really scared him. Here I was, happy he got to ride, since he wanted to so badly, and he ended up feeling hurt. If your child isn't quite there, I encourage you to keep them off. I wish I did!

<sarcasm alert!!!>
What??? You mean there's and actual safety reason for those restrictions and it's not just the evil Disney empire attempting to inconvenience and aggrivate the customers as much as possible!!!!!

Like it or not, those restrictions are there for a reason, regardless of what kind of ride it is. Not to mention the lesson it teaches the kids involved.

#1donaldfan
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
On most, it's just before you enter the lines to wait.......that way you don't wait 30/40 minutes then get rejected......If they don't "measure" up they don't let you enter.....and if I'm not mistaken, they re-check just before you get on the ride......