PDA

View Full Version : When do they measure for ride height?

ldc12377
10-09-2007, 01:47 PM
When do the CMs measure kids to see if they are tall enough to ride a ride? My DD6 really wants to ride Primeval Whirl this time but we aren't sure if she will be tall enough. She measures 47 1/2 to 48 inches at home, depending on who is measuring her and what she gets measured with.(48" at doctor's office - 47 1/2" at home) I don't want to wait in line for a long time just to find out right before we board that she isn't tall enough. How does that work?

sillyolbear
10-09-2007, 01:56 PM
I think there are usually two spots where they measure for height requirements--at the entrance to the queue and again just before loading the ride. Could be different for for certain rides, but that is where I've noticed CM's measuring kids.

Matt's Dad
10-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Last poster is correct ....
On the Whirl (at least every time I have been there) there is a CM at the ENTRANCE to the queing area that will measure the child BEFORE waiting in the line.
I do beleive there is a second measuring post at the ride boarding itself, but I think that is just to keep people from sneaking past the first one.

PS: at the water parks my son once received a colored wrist band after he passed the first measuring stick .... that way he would not have to be measured again at any rides that day at the waterpark. Not sure if they do that in the Lands as well.

Imagineer1981
10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
There is always someone at the front of the ride to measure, plus there are fixed measuring spots outside the ride as well.

thrillme
10-09-2007, 03:15 PM
I know at water parks and disney quest they have spots where you can get measured and get a wristband then nobody measures you anywhere. I thought the last time I was there they had someone at guest relations do this. It takes the guess work out of it.

SBETigg
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't do the wristband measuring thing at the regular parks, but individually on a ride-by-ride basis, and yes there is a measuring system in place before you get in line to save the hassle of waiting.

But be warned that I have seen parents get kids through the first measure only to be turned away before boarding. They're strict at the boarding site. Kids are remeasured then and if there is a borderline situation or the parents have tried to fudge height (sounds weird but it happens) through shoes or hairstyles, this is often caught at the end and it's possible to get through one measure only to fail the second. Safety first and the judgment of the CM at boarding rules.