PDA

View Full Version : Tune-In Lounge??

ldn324
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
While surfing around the internet getting ready for our next trip, I discovered the Tune-in Lounge in 50s Prime Time. I know there was always a bar/lounge in the waiting area, but I never knew it was someplace you could actually just go without going to the restaurant.

Anyone else ever gone just to the lounge and, if so, is it worth spending the time? DH and I are both totally into the 50s drinks - cosmopolitans, Manhattans, etc., but is it just a bar or is it worth taking a 1/2 hour or so out of the day to experience it?

Maleficent's Dad
10-09-2007, 01:27 PM
The Tune-In Lounge is a pretty fun place. It's small, and it's usually filled with those waiting for tables in the 50's Prime Time.

We don't care to dine in the restaurant, but we do like the lounge area. On more than one occasion, we've gone into the lounge and ordered the S'mores dessert. It's a fun place to share something.

Be prepared though - not much in the way of tables (a small table with couch, set up like a 1950's living room), some other seating, and seats at the bar. They will gladly serve you drinks. I've had a beer or two there before as well.

BugeyedMuggy
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
We go to the Tune in Lounge every visit. Our daughter loved the flashing ice cubes at 50's Prime Time as a child so now that she's grown we still visit the lounge and bring her home a few.

Crow
10-09-2007, 09:12 PM
i went on previous trips when i was waiting for Fantasmic and wanted a drink...its ok.
not on par w drinking at Epcot before Illuminations but a place to get a drink at D Studios

JerseyMouse
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
DW and I really enjoy the Tune-In. We snagged a couple of bar stools during last year's Soap Weekend, and were surprised that we could order full dinners.

I'd have no problem eating there again..and again..and again.

BoomNLeon
10-14-2007, 10:08 AM
The Tune In bar is fun and I have never seen the actual bar that busy, the seating areas around the bar are packed with people waiting for tables. It is fun to grab a quick beer before battling the heat.

mousetrapper
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
We've sat at the bar and had a few drinks while waiting for our table at 50s PrimeTime. It's fun! They have an old-fashioned television that shows old 50s shows (I think Leave It to Beaver was on?).

I couldn't believe that some of the decor in the lounge area was exactly the same my DH's aunt used to have in her house!

I ordered a Harvey Wallbanger!! How much more "50s" can you get?!?

:D

LebelJD
10-21-2007, 01:31 AM
We love the lounge and made friends with a couple of the bartenders (Dave and Sheila) there a few years ago. Sheila has since moved over to GF but we still stop in every trip for drinks. We've got a collection of glow cubes too..

McGoofy
10-21-2007, 06:14 PM
The Tune In bar area is very small, and is often packed with people waiting for their table at Prime Time. However, the bar is great. We've gotten drinks from there on our way to Fantasmic. Also, they can serve you any food that is on the restaurant menu. In fact, they have the restaurant menus lying around the bar. We didn't have reservations one time at PT 50's Cafe, so the 3 of us sat at the bar and ordered food and drinks. If someone asked me where is the best place to stop for drinks at MGM, my answer would be the Tune In Lounge.