PDA

View Full Version : WDW area Locals HELP

Natazu
10-09-2007, 04:37 AM
Hello all. We're on site and the brakes on the Jeep are making some sub-optimal noises. We're going to get them checked tomorrow. Anyone have an honest garage they recommend in the 34747 area?

murphy1
10-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh, no! I hope it's not serious! I used to drive all over Florida as a Territory Mgr and I have used Meineke before when my car acted up on the road. They are pretty honest and have quite a few locations. The other thing I would suggest is to ask a police officer, they know the good ones, too. Maybe Jeannie or Main Street Jim will have another suggestion. Good luck!

Another one I just thought of is Sears, I took my car there before for brakes and batteries (but in Tampa area).

mickeysworld
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jym! Sorry I can't offer a suggestion as we are over in the St. Pete area. Maybe ask a few cast members?

kakn7294
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Unfortunately, we've had to use Pep Boys for an alternator but it was in Gainesville. I would choose a national chain like Pep Boys, Sears, etc or look for a Jeep dealer although that's likely to cost you more. I hope it's a simple, inexpensive, and fast fix! :pixie: for your Jeep!

buzznwoodysmom
10-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't live in the area, but I would strongly suggest using a company that you can also bring your jeep to back home incase you have problems later on. We had to have a major break job on DH's explorer one year right when we arrived in WDW. I think we went to a Walmart to have it fixed. A few weeks after we returned home DH was having more problems and was able to bring it to a local Walmart and have it taken care of free of charge since it wasn't fixed properly in WDW. Good luck!

SgtTigger
10-09-2007, 06:32 PM
what about the AAA site on property close to the Magic Kingdom parking lot????

That is where I would start.....

:cop: :tigger:

Natazu
10-09-2007, 07:40 PM
what about the AAA site on property close to the Magic Kingdom parking lot????

That is where I would start.....I think we will start there. But if we need a break job, what I'm really looking for is José's underground garage who'll do the brakes for parts and a six pack.

magicofdisney
10-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I think we will start there. But if we need a break job, what I'm really looking for is José's underground garage who'll do the brakes for parts and a six pack.
Have you looked under U in the phone book?