PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Adventureland Veranda?

PNWmom
10-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I keep reading about characters being on the Adventureland Veranda, but do not know where this is? Does anyone have a map, pictures or can you give good direction?

Thanks,

DisneyTwirler13!
10-08-2007, 09:58 PM
The veranda is right next to the bridge to Adventureland from Main Street, to the right. It's by the Dole Fruit stand

PNWmom
10-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I did a little more research.. It's a former resaurant not just a balconey or deck of something else?

EPCOT84
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I think it was an eating place before. I am looking at the MK map right now. The location the prior poster describes on the map says "Aloha Isle Hosted by Dole", a snack stand.

I was there in September, walked by the Dole stand; I recall noting it as one place to rest and cool off. I saw the character meet and greet around the corner from the Dole stand. Lilo was there, of course. It is part of a larger planation-like building so that may be the Adventureland Veranda before.

magicofdisney
10-09-2007, 04:07 AM
Immediately after the bridge to Adventure Land (coming from Main Street), there is an area to the right. It looks like a covered patio. It's before you reach Aloha Isle. I've seen lots of greets there.

Main Street Jim
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
On another note, the Veranda *used* to be a great restaurant. It kind of wraps around behind Aloha Isle, from that "patio" just off of the bridge from Main Street, to just across from the Swiss Family Treehouse exit (near the egg roll stand). If you follow that building around, you'll see another entrance (kind of like folding light green-colored doors, if I remember correctly) to the Veranda on the other side of Aloha Isle. It was sponsored by Kikkoman Soy Sauce and had great Polynesian/Asian style cuisine, and required reservations back in the day.

Today, the interior of the Veranda is used for Cast events.

Ian
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Actually, if you go to like MNSSHP or MVMCP most of the time the free photos are taken inside the old Adventureland Veranda.

It used to be a counter service restaurant back in the day. When you cross the bridge from Main Street into Adventureland, there's that big, seemingly empty building on your right.

Well inside, it's actually the remnants of the old restaurant. It was a neat spot. I wish they'd re-open it.

pixiesmimi
10-10-2007, 12:13 AM
I was wondering where this was. I was trying to find a smashed penny machine that said it was there and couldn't figure it out. I was wondering if it was across from POTC where the character signings were. Thanks for letting us know where it is. I have seen characters here before. Just didn't know what it was called.

wdwfansince75
10-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Recall eating there and watching the Swan Boats drift by! Must have been about '75, before Kikkoman became the sponsor. Once Kikkoman took over, and revised the menu, the Veranda was the home of the best counter service hamburger at WDW, the Teryaki Burger!