PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Garden View

jennsky
10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi! I am booking a one night surprise for my family (DH, 1 year old DD and myself) to stay at the Grand Floridian. Seeing as it's pretty pricey, I am just looking at getting a Garden View room. Does anyone have a suggestion as to which building to request? Or, should I just fork out the money and book a Lagoon View or even a MK view? If so, which building? We are going to spend the entire afternoon/evening at the resort so as to enjoy our little time there. I am planning on booking the 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast for us in the morning as well. After that, we'll be moving to a Value Resort for a week. Any ideas for the Grand Floridian would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :mickey:

DisneyMomx7
10-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Our favorite gv room at the GF is Sago Cay building, marina side.

I always think it's almost as good as a lagoon view for a lot less money.

Roger Rabbit 89
10-09-2007, 11:40 AM
We stayed in Sugar Loaf Key 1st floor, and had a nice view. I don't think you can get a bad room view in that whole resort!

We spent a couple of nights sitting out by the lagoon in the sand and watch the Electric Parade!

You will love the resort, regardless of what view you get.

Michael

pox24
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Great GF secret. When we go we ask for Boca Chica facing Narcoosee's. We have gotten 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor. The best thing about this location is the fact that from the balcony you can see the lake, CR and part of the MK. Its only a 10 second walk around the corner to see the fireworks and most of the 7 seas lagoon. Also about 25yds from the quiet pool. For the money I think its the best garden view available. :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes, totally agree with Pox and DisneyMom. Sugar Loaf wouldn't be an option for you unless you had a club level room booked.

Most of the time the GF doesn't pre-assign rooms. They pull from the available inventory when you arrive. I'd suggest getting to the resort as early as possible. Chances are a room won't be ready yet, but you can complete your paperwork and maybe even get first dibs on a choice garden view room overlooking Narcoossee's. For the bonus round, go ahead and ask about a corner room too. You'll get extra space, a 2nd balcony and usually a better view.

If you're planning on spending the whole day there, you may want to consider renting a poolside cabana. They run about $60 for half days (10-1 or 1-4) and $110 for a full day rental (10-4). They come with some nice padded lounge chairs, stocked fridge, tv with a dvd player, table & chairs. They can be booked at 90 days through the 407-WDW-DINE number.

If your daughter goes to bed early, you can call the private dining department and make arrangements for a nice dinner served out on your balcony. Choices usually include meals from any of the on-site restaurants. Get a plate of tuxedo strawberries for dessert and it doesn't get much more romantic than that.